Trying to lose a pound a day

Options
I am trying to lose a pounds a day for 115 days.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. Don't do that OP.
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's not really possible or healthy or a goal you should want to have.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I hope you've got at least 300lbs to lose cos otherwise it's a VERY bad idea...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Have you read the starter threads?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

They contain great info for you to set a realistic goal. Fast weight loss isn't good weight loss, you will lose more lean muscle, less fat that way.

1% of your body weight should be the maximum loss you aim for.

Good luck :)
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    And you are also setting yourself up for failure. As said above, unless you are morbidly obese & under strict doctors observation, this is simply not based in reality. Add that with the fact that our metabolisms slow after our 30s, and you have an impossible task.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    g3XmY_s-200x150.gif
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    g3XmY_s-200x150.gif

I needed this all day today.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    g3XmY_s-200x150.gif

I needed this all day today.

same
    and

giphy.gif
  • binkydriver
    binkydriver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bet I can average a pound a day weight loss with the Hard Boiled Egg Diet. 0sw7qk4w4sw7.jpg
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I bet I can average a pound a day weight loss with the Hard Boiled Egg Diet. 0sw7qk4w4sw7.jpg

Good for you!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 115 lbs and I've been at 339 days and have lost 88lbs
    its not possible and don't even attempt it OP slow & steady wins the race !
    Track your calories, get a food scale and enjoy life!
  • ChemcialSunshine
    ChemcialSunshine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can defiantly do it! For 10 days straight I lost a pound a day then my fiance started to buy me bad foods haha. But I'm back on track again. 115 days here you go! I bet you could lose more than 115 in 115 days! I know a girl who lost nearly 2 pounds a day with intense cardio and a severe diet. You got this! She's 190 pounds down now btw
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can defiantly do it! For 10 days straight I lost a pound a day then my fiance started to buy me bad foods haha. But I'm back on track again. 115 days here you go! I bet you could lose more than 115 in 115 days! I know a girl who lost nearly 2 pounds a day with intense cardio and a severe diet. You got this! She's 190 pounds down now btw

Your advice is bad, and you should feel bad. A lb a day is a deficit of 3500 calories a day. It is dangerous, unsustainable and could have serious ramifications for OPs health. It is nothing to aspire to or encourage.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well - there goes another extreme diet adventure we'll never hear the results of - because they'll be hospitalized and won't be able to fill us in.
  • ChemcialSunshine
    Options
    Nahhhh. They got this! Oh and btw. It's their body sweetheart. They feel happy knowing they're gonna kick *kitten* and lose some weight then good for them. Don't be a jerk and try to make them feel like crap.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Have we heard from @binkydriver recently?!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Nahhhh. They got this! Oh and btw. It's their body sweetheart. They feel happy knowing they're gonna kick *kitten* and lose some weight then good for them. Don't be a jerk and try to make them feel like crap.

Feel like crap now for the time it takes to ponder their goal, or feel like crap for months after actually attempting it, and then feel like craps for months after that as they gain fat back, and then the more months later as they discover it's going to be even harder to lose it in the future?

The smart advice being given here is by those that truly want to help someone who may not know - not help push them off a bridge.

You should read around the forums more for some experience beyond your few years for those that have yo-yo dieted a lifetime away and the negative consequences and pretty miserable relationship they have had with food and their bodies the entire time.
    Many times they are the ones giving that advice.

While many prefer to learn from the school of hard-knocks themselves rather than the experience of others - it doesn't make it a smarter way of doing things.
  • ChemcialSunshine
    Options
    Tl;Dr. Nahhhhhh