water and additives?

kathilynne3410
kathilynne3410 Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
i am trying really hard to kick the soda habit( its really really hard for me) and trying to switch to water. the problem? no flavor. i heard there are some flavored waters out there but most have additives in them . then i heard about La Croix flavored water i was told it was the purest water out there and comes in flavors.does anyone have ideas on this water or other waters that don't have all that crap inside them?

Replies

• Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Sometimes I just add some lemon or lime juice.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    My favourite drink right now is soda water with a splash of lime juice. It's sad but it's excites me
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited July 2017
    La Croix is great! I drink it all the time. My favorite flavors are grapefruit and lemon-lime.

Not to promote alcohol consumption, but I often mix it half and half with white wine for a spritzer. Half the calories of a glass of wine and still get to enjoy happy hour with the husband!

Cheers!
  • kathilynne3410
    kathilynne3410 Posts: 17 Member
    thanx all!
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Lol @ not to promote alcohol consumption.
    I stop drinking sodas to save those calories for beer.

Anyway, try flavored sparkling water. There are a bunch out there. All zero calories, la Croix is just one great example
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Why not have a look at fruit infusion 'tea'? You can drink it warm or cold, an it's actually really nice! I like rosehip and hibiscus a lot as it's very fruity and a bit sour. But anything with fruit will do.
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    try mio or crystal light
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    I flavor my water with tea ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    La Croix is great! I drink it all the time. My favorite flavors are grapefruit and lemon-lime.

I also enjoy LaCroix. It was common in the midwest (this part anyway) before it got trendy in other parts of the country (or so it seems). I am skeptical about this "purest water" nonsense and not even sure what that's supposed to mean (referring back to OP's post), but it tastes good. I love peach-plum the most right now.
    Not to promote alcohol consumption, but I often mix it half and half with white wine for a spritzer.

I at first read this as "mix half and half with white wine" and was horrified until I reread and saw the "it" my eyes had skipped over. Ha!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited July 2017
    i am trying really hard to kick the soda habit( its really really hard for me) and trying to switch to water. the problem? no flavor. i heard there are some flavored waters out there but most have additives in them . then i heard about La Croix flavored water i was told it was the purest water out there and comes in flavors.does anyone have ideas on this water or other waters that don't have all that crap inside them?

The flavored seltzers (La Croix, Klarbrunn, and a host of other local and national brands) use extracts, which are concentrated flavors usually made from the distillation of the oils contained in the fruit peels (for citrus) or the fruit itself into an alcohol base. Very small amounts are needed which is why they are still considered no calorie. I make my own seltzers with my Sodastream and extracts and I need 1/4 teaspoon per liter of the citrus (lime, lemon, orange) or 1/2 teasponn of the fruit extracts I like (like cranberry or black current). All are 0 calorie.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Aldi has a brand called LaVie. I can finally get "plain" sparkling water without the citric acid.

Iced tea is great. So many flavors to mix and match. Berry iced green tea is my favorite.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    La Croix is pretty good but all the bubbles do bloat a bit. Fresh citrus in water is good. You can even get water bottle with an infuser thing inside, put cucumber or whatever up in there.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    La Croix is pretty good but all the bubbles do bloat a bit.

Nothing a good burp can't get rid of.

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    i get packets of crystalized lemon or lime juice, and add that water. I use a lot and made it a lemondae or limeade with my sweetener of choice. But you can also just use one packet for a hint of lemon or lime that's super portable (same size packets as sweetener), and literally contains nothing except crystalized lemon or lime. Zero calories (actually think there's a few - but under 5 cals/serving legally can be labeled as zero).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Diet soda, iced flavoured tea mixed with club soda, crystal light/mio, vanilla essence mixed with club soda and sweetener..