Weight or Inches?

Options
Ay_posty
Ay_posty Posts: 26 Member
Something I've been struggling with recently is my battle between wanting to see a change on the scale. While I've lost inches off my waist and hips. My weight only fluctuates just a couple pounds. I'm sure this is because I'm gaining muscle and becoming more lean...but any suggestions on what I can do to see the scale move just a little more?
And whats your opinion, do you like to see a drop on the scale or inches more?

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Both, I guess. There's something very satisfying to my brain about the numbers on the scale, even though I know I shouldn't care that much.

But truly, the inches matter more. Not so much the measuring because I find the measuring tedious and challenging, but when your favorite jeans fit just noticeably better? That's the BEST.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Inches.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    As this is in Chit-Chat, I was completely expecting something else.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    To me it's all how my clothes fit. Although I'm obsessed with the scale and pretty depressed about stepping on it here lately. :(
  • kaygeebozzz
    kaygeebozzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to make enlistment weight, the scale mattered the most -- now too, because I'm trying to cut to rebuild, but since I started working out, changes in waist size have been the most satisfying measure of success because they've looked the best in the mirror.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,500 Member
    Options
    When one loses weight, it's fat, water or muscle ( or obviously a combination of the three).

Muscle is far more dense than fat; Hence, the way my clothes fit is far more important than a number on a scale.
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ay_posty wrote: »
    Something I've been struggling with recently is my battle between wanting to see a change on the scale. While I've lost inches off my waist and hips. My weight only fluctuates just a couple pounds. I'm sure this is because I'm gaining muscle and becoming more lean...but any suggestions on what I can do to see the scale move just a little more?
    And whats your opinion, do you like to see a drop on the scale or inches more?

inches is probably a better gage, especially if you are doing training that would muscle building. weight can fluctuate from say to say based on water retention and stuff like that. Mine can change up to four pounds from one day to the next but on average is going down. maybe weigh yourself once a week and track it that way. Just keep working hard and if you really aren't seeing results, then maybe cut your calories back a little, but if you are losing inches, then that's great!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Both
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Inches