Uh-oh, don't want to go off track, but...

Options
On Aug. 6th is going to be my 2nd wedding anniversary. My husband wan'ts to take me out to dinner, and it will most likely be a place that doesn't have the cal menu. What to do?

Replies

• MarisaJean82
    Options
    I would exercise like crazy that morning, stay on the lower side for calories for the early part of the day and then indulge and let myself have a freebie and a great time celebrating the anniversary. You need to be able to let yourself have some fun once in awhile. I think if you burn major calories that morning you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would just enjoy the meal and then carry on as normal afterwards... its one meal, even if you have 3 courses its no big drama!
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    One day is not going to break the bank. You can overeat by 3500 calories and gain only one pound, and I doubt you'll overeat that much.

Enjoy celebrating your anniversary, don't let the food stress get to you, and get back on track the following day. Trust yourself, and you'll be fine.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    What to do? ENJOY! and congrats!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I would exercise like crazy that morning, stay on the lower side for calories for the early part of the day and then indulge and let myself have a freebie and a great time celebrating the anniversary. You need to be able to let yourself have some fun once in awhile. I think if you burn major calories that morning you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

^^This^^

And even if you don't burn a bunch a calories in the morning but still work out that day, one day of indulgence is not going to kill you as long as you get back on track the next day.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I would try to eat good but smart (half my meal if needed) and exercise to work off as many calories as I could that day. But if you don't make it, it's ok; just one meal and it's your anniversary. Just get back on track the moment you walk out that door.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Go to dinner with your wonderful husband, stare into each other's eyes, laugh, eat some delicious food, and just enjoy your evening. It's your second anniversary, and it's just one very special meal. You can be off the clock for something like this.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - go have fun and don't stress. If you have the option during the week ahead I would try to take it easy on the calories and exercise the morning of. Then, just go and have a great time and get back to it. Just remember that when eating out there is probably more sodium in the food so be sure to flush yourself with plenty of water the next day. Have fun:tongue:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Make the most healthy choices you can and exercise before if you want but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just enjoy the night - it's only one meal, once a year and won't totally bust your progress if you get right back on track the next day.
  • DarkenScorpio
    Options
    One day won't do much harm. You can always get back on track the following day. I had three days in a row I was over by a good amount on my calories and got back on track and still managed to lose my 2 lbs for the week. I really wouldn't stress about it. Just enjoy the day and your anniversary. congrats :)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Definitely agree with Marisapeabody about the exercising and eating lighter during the day if possible!

However, when going out for a nice dinner, I try to get something on the lighter side (chicken, fish, baked potato, etc..)
    Or, if I choose a pasta dish, I try not to eat the entire portion...
    THen, I usually treat myself to share a nice dessert with my husband afterwards!

You will still have a great night, and you will feel SUPER proud of yourself afterwards! ;)

I know that I usually end up regretting it when I completely indulge, and then feel depressed, then don't want to work out, etc, etc, etc... It's a bad cycle to start!

Remember - celebrating an occasion doesn't mean that you have to eat poorly - just enjoy the time spent together!

And after dinner doesn't have to be a movie and snacks or anything either!
    Go for a nice walk in a park, take romantic photos of one another, take a bubble bath together, tour the shops downtown, etc...

Good Luck, and most of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! ;)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If you like seafood, I would stick to that (broiled or grilled) and a nice big salad:):bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it...but make smart choices. Totally agree with everyone who said have an intense workout that morning!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, as I had the same issue last month for my anniversary. Here's the deal... It's only once a year. Enjoy your food and your husbands company and just get right back on track the next day!
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options

^^This^^

And even if you don't burn a bunch a calories in the morning but still work out that day, one day of indulgence is not going to kill you as long as you get back on track the next day.

I agree with these guys too. I do this often when I know I'm going out.

Have a great time!!!
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    keep in mind low calorie options. You can eat healthy pretty much anywhere if you pay attention. For example, fish/chicken are good options if they aren't fried. A lot of places will let you ask them to cook things differently (ie. grilled). You can also often swap sides such as a baked potato for an additional side of veggies.
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Go to dinner with your wonderful husband, stare into each other's eyes, laugh, eat some delicious food, and just enjoy your evening. It's your second anniversary, and it's just one very special meal. You can be off the clock for something like this.

Absolutely!

Congratulations!
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I'll exercize like crazy in the morning, and eat half of what i get. here's hoping! thank you so much!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ^THIS