Feeling deflated

Options
So I've started introducing more exercise, extra steps, swimming, weights, something each day, I've added a lot more protein into my diet and have stayed within my calories each day and have tried not to eat the extra calories from exercise, I've gained 2lb this week.
I feel gutted and what's the point of doing.all of this :(

Replies

• 21ttomlinson
    21ttomlinson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat, from good to bad so I'm not In denial with my food, and I've been drinking lost more water,if had stayed the same I would be fine. But I'm disappointed with my gain.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Using Trendweight.com would make you feel better. I weigh several times a week, and it is frustrating when I see a weight on the scale that is 5 pounds heavier than the day before. However, Trendweight keeps me grounded by doing the math and letting me know that I'm losing 1/2 a pound a week which is a very reasonable rate for me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat, from good to bad so I'm not In denial with my food, and I've been drinking lost more water,if had stayed the same I would be fine. But I'm disappointed with my gain.

This is an excellent explanation as to why it happened and why you can expect it again. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    It might be water retention, or related to your menstrual cycle, or maybe you just have to poop. Hang in there-- this is a life-long process, no single week will keep you from your goal if you keep up with your daily healthy habits.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Starting new exercise causes water retention. This is normal and expected.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate up to 5lbs a day, due to all sorts of things not fat gains related. 2lbs is well within the normal fluctuations range.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate up to 5lbs a day, due to all sorts of things not fat gains related. 2lbs is well within the normal fluctuations range.

I gained 8 pounds today because i was drunk on the weekend and a bit dehydrated lol. Will probably hit 10 up by time i sleep, And be back down again by tomorow. Food/water has weight inside you OP lol. Fluctuations happen stop freaking out
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A 2lb gain is normal fluctuation. Heck, I'd be happy if that's all I gained during hormonal fluctuations, increasing exercise, a high sodium day, etc....

Did you go over your maintenance calories by 7000 this week?

Learn about weight fluctuations and how weight loss works. There are plenty of stickied threads:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Cheer up, it's no big deal. And brace yourself, because this will happen once in awhile! Have you tried installing the Happy Scale app on your phone? Weigh yourself, input that number into the app, and over time it will show you the weight loss trend. You should find that over time, you are losing weight if you're accurately logging and staying within the calorie budget.