Late night snacking tips??

Options
Anyone have any tips to avoid snacking late at night? I need help! I do great all day until about 7pm. I'm drinking tons of water and that doesn't curb my cravings.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Make sure you've eaten enough (quantity and quality) throughout the day, and then just stop.

Don't have "snacks" in the house.

Do something else other than eating.

Accept cravings. Everybody has them. You don't need to act on them.

Don't think that not snacking is a horrible punishment for not taking care of yourself, but a way to take care of yourself. You can choose to frame it in a positive way -for instance, tell yourself you're just a person who doesn't snack. At any rate, don't feel sorry for yourself. You're fine.

Or make room for snacks and snacking in your meal plan. Nothing wrong with snacking, not even with mindless snacking, it's overeating that's a problem.
  • RockinLowCarbs
    RockinLowCarbs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No sugar chocolate. I like the coles brand (australia). Its in individual serves so easier to stick to recommended serve and only 58 calories. Really kicks the choc cravings.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast ... therefore, I have room for evening snacks. :)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of exercise, so I have extra calories I can use for snacks. Milk, cheese, fruit, yogurt, pudding . . . they don't have a lot of calories, but they usually satisfy my hunger.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I walk alot and dont eat until later in the day to make up bedtime snacks, And then i pick things that take time to eat as i get into bed (my favorites right now are cereals i can mix together and eat 1 by 1, Or grahm crackers dipped in slightly watery Pb2 their great when eaten in very tiny bites, Or a turkey omlette when im craving legit food vs sweets)

So i guess my advice is, Dont avoid it, Just fit it in, And maybe find lower calorie more satisfying snacks :p
  • ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry in the morning but I am in the evening so I don't eat breakfast and have a bowl of branflakes before bed.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Prelog a snack at bedtime. Also, maybe your calorie deficit is too aggressive?
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    For evening snacks I eat banana, apples, Greek yogurt or pop popcorn from kernels in microwave in a paper bag that way there are no added ingredients some salt and olive oil on top.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Go to bed. No, seriously, go to bed! Oftentimes, I'm really tired when I think I'm hungry. If I'm really hungry, I'll fail to fall asleep, get back up, and have the damned snack. Most of the time, however, I hit the pillow and am out like a light.
  • susanofarrell
    susanofarrell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth!
  • clags301
    clags301 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fill your schedule. Clean the house, do laundry, grocery shop, exercise, pay bills/do paperwork, mow lawn - whatever. Snacking is often mentally associated with doing nothingish.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    -skip breakfast
    -eat all your meals 30 minutes to an hour later each day
    -brush your teeth
    -suck on a lollipop or hard piece of candy/chew gum
    -go to bed
  • Kristen8912
    Kristen8912 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. What works for me is only do light snacking all day, then dinner, then healthy snacks. Maybe it will help you?
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pickles!! Celery!! Those stupid rice cake thingies- I know they aren't like ... typical yummy snacks, but they are crunchy and extremely low calorie so that it wouldn't wreck your deficit!! I know celery can be challenging but I use a Greek yogurt based dressing(way lower in calories per serving) to help jazz it up :) or do like steamed broccoli with a little butter and pepper... watch the butter though. My fiancé insists I suggest leafy greens too lol(they're fibrous and filling)

But like another person said... I pretty much starve all day (save for a 200-250 calorie snack mid day) this way I can have a gigantic FEAST for dinner then I get all tired and fall asleep an hour or two after lol ... can't get night snack cravings if I'm in a food coma from my 1200-1300 calorie dinner feast! :DB)

Edited for spelling problems lol
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth!

^^^this
  • alanacouch1123
    alanacouch1123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know that I will always want those snacks, but I have been trying something's that are besides potatoe chips.
    Try Almonds and Boom chick pop sea salt popcorn.
    They are both so good!!