Any 50 somethings with 100 lbs to lose?

Options
Hi All- looking for motivation. I've tried in the past to lose weight and each time something happens. Most recently I was doing great even starting to jog but ended up with multiple stress fractures in my knee and leg. I need to get healthy but at 50 the pounds aren't coming off quickly. Any advice for eating plans and exercising at home... that won't have me end up with fractures this time?

Replies

• dethrock88
    dethrock88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have big problems with my legs and I started out with pilates, because you do all the exercises laying down. Running is not an option for me and I would quit it if you are having problems.
  • jolafrancejolafrance62
    Options
    I walk my treadmill. The easiest most painless way to lose weight. Along with correct portion sizes, little to no sugar and no bread. I've lost 29 of my 105 pounds I need to lose since June 1st. It's exciting. Controlling what goes in controls what comes off.
  • jolafrancejolafrance62
    Options
    I also fractured my left knee due to being overweight. It's tough. Lose some weight through eating then add exercise every pound lost is 10 pounds off the knees
  • Verosb
    Verosb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've tried many methods and Just decided to ditch the meat and dairy and try for 2 weeks, I'm now nearing 4 weeks and I've lost 10lbs and feel great. I definitely recommend trying it for a couple weeks and making sure you're getting all your vitamins. Try making every meal 75% fruits and veggies to start, this may help.
  • mlcase61
    mlcase61 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 55, doing keto since January. I've lost 48 pounds with a goal to lose 61 more in the next year. I need double knee replacements so my exercise is very limited. The surgeon told me I had to lose 30 pounds just to have surgery. What a wake up call! That's when I decided to set my goal of at least 109 and get in the best shape possible prior to surgery. I do chair exercises. Like marching while sitting.