Weigh with or without clothes

2»

Replies

• MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Stay consistent or it is a lie. Just likenwhen weighing food: always raw or always cooked. I weigh in boxers and socks in mornings only. That say the scale is always the most accurate.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I don't really care how much my clothes weigh. I do care how much I weigh. I weigh naked.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I weigh in the same clothes each week as I use a pharmacy scale. Consistency is the key.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    It depends on what my goal is at that time.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I guess since you know now that your jammies are 2lbs you can do it either way. If you want your real weight just subtract the weight of your clothes. I don't know why you'd consider your clothing part of your weight but you're free to do whatever you want.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    I prefer naked but I weigh in my underwear and bra most of the time because the scale difference is minimal and I don't care if it isn't perfectly accurate to 1/10th of a pound.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Either, just be consistent. The problem with weighing while you're wearing clothes is that you'd have to be wearing the SAME clothes every time, otherwise you can't know where the fluctuations come from.

I weigh in my undies every morning. I suppose there MIGHT be fluctuations in the weight of my undies, but they're minimal.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,571 Member
    Naked FTW
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    I weigh in on a Tuesday morning before i eat or drink anything in the same outfit

I weigh in at my local chemist, they appreciate me wearing clothes
    (have been known to remove winter tights and cardigan next to the scale..... and put em back on afterwards too)
  • powercycle
    powercycle Posts: 22 Member
    Underwear or nothing.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Are you a nudist?
    If not, you'll have clothes on all day long, essentially carrying them around with you, so your 'normal' weight will be clothed.
    With the extra pound or two of clothing, you'll burn an extra calorie or two while walking around.
    Do you strip to the skin when you weigh at the doctor's office?
    Probably not, so your morning naked weight is not comparable to what the doctor's scale reports.
    So, as some have said, as long as you are consistent, it doesn't matter much.
    No, you can't realistically compare your clothed weight in shorts and a T-shirt and barefoot with your weight in a long-sleeved shirt, boots, long underwear, jeans (with your pockets full of change, keys, and a wallet bulging with photos, etc.), but you CAN if you wear the same type clothing every day.
    Personally, I weight every day, jot down the weight, take an average at the end of the week, and record that average.
    This avoids the routine daily fluctuations of water weight and other minor factors amounting to a differential of a couple of pounds daily.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    It's weighing day today for me and I usually weigh myself with my clothes on. (Usually my pyjamas.) Today I thought I would check what my weight is without. (Only my underwear left on)
    It was 2ibs lighter.

So my question is should I log without clothes or with?

Your clothes have nothing to do with your body weight...not sure why you would weigh your clothes.

It doesn't really matter though as long as you're consistent so long as the clothes are the same.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I weigh in my pj's, they're very lightweight ones. I did weigh once with pj's on, then got naked and weighed again and it made zero difference to the scale number.
    Plus it's winter here, so it's cooooold in the mornings, and to be honest i really could not be bothered getting out of bed, getting undressed, then getting dressed again!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    The garments I wear to weigh myself do themselves weigh 2.8 lb. The scale weight is thus 2.8 lb above my weight.