Does paying for premium help you loose more?

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Some people may feel more motivated to lose since they're paying for the service. But ultimately no.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I got premium free for a year.....I personally wouldnt pay for it though. I don't really use any of the features.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm more about macros than just calories, so being able to input my macro goals by gramme is hugely important to me. I hated how long it took to mess around with the total calories and percentages to get them where I wanted them in the free version.
    Also different goals for different days - my macros differ between training and rest days, so it's great to have that set up.

Compared to my gym membership and other money I spend on my health and fitness, I think premium's really worth it. I don't think I would have stuck with tracking without it.

But if you're not in to macros, it's probably less helpful!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you stick to your calorie goal you can lose just fine without paying anything.
    I don't think paying for premium will make you lose more. There are some different features that you may or may not find useful. It is kind of like you don't need an activity tracker to lose weight or get fit but some people like having one.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It says go premium to lose more because those that are willing to pay for premium are also more likely (on average) to commit to the changes necessary to lose.

I pay for premium for the reporting and customization features. As others have said, I focus on macros, and the free version is pretty weak in that area.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I lost 50+ lbs on the free version. I don't mind a few ads :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I would pay double for no ads. It's that important to me. You will not lose more weight, but it does have some features that also make this site better, imo.

I would pay double for no ads, too. As I currently pay nothing at all, double that would be a pretty good deal.

Ads don't bother me much. At one point they were taking ages to download, to the point that they made the app pretty much unusable. That annoyed me (in fact it was a factor in stopping me logging for a while) but that issue was fixed some time ago. Ads that load promptly and don't have popups or forcible redirections to the play store are no problem for me.
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the replies, info, opinions etc. I definitely have a better understanding as to what the differences are now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Lol...no. There are some additional features like tracking macros by grams instead of %...just stuff like that.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I really don't mind the ads. ''Tis the way of life anymore online. Any website has to make money somehow. I would pay for the app if it had more features I would actually use. Those extra feauture wouldn't cause more or quicker weight loss, but I am a gadget nerd.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I'm loose enough with the free app. No back up here.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I won't consider paying for premium until the database is cleaned up, both of the glut of duplicate, erroneous user-created entries and the glitchy system entries.

I have been exceeding dissatisfied with my results when I write to Support to notify them about glitches in the system entries in the database and have stopped bothering to do this. I'm referring to issues like decimal errors making 1 g entries give results for 100 grams and giving liquid measurements like milliliters for solid foods. I've written multiple times about the same issues, complete with screenshots, to no avail. It's easy for me to spot the errors and do workarounds, but I would like to help others. Unfortunately, when I get a Support staff who actually does understand the issue, they often can't get a fix made. I'm tired of wasting my time on this.