I feel guilty

Options
Hello,

So I'm trying to lose weight, tone up and become leaner for my wedding in October. As the lady bought the wrong size. A size 6instead of a size 7 :(:( . I'm currently on 1200 calories a day. I allow myself a cheat meal once a week (I try to still stay within my calorie count though and not binge). The problem is that this weekend I binged on 5 slices of pizza, ice cream and chocolate. I probably ate maybe 2000 calories all up that day. I worked hard at the gym the next day. Today, I promised myself I would be good this week, and then I got to work as I'm a nurse and found dark chocolate lint balls on the table... I ate 4 of them! Now I'll be over my calorie count and I feel beyond guilty and horrible. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that I won't put on weight with 1500 calories and maybe a pep talk or words of encouragement. 76g4ktjall6c.png

Replies

• sarahseeto
    sarahseeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Really? When I scanned the barcode that's what it came up with? So now I'm not even calculating my calories correctly... great
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    sarahseeto wrote: »
    Really? When I scanned the barcode that's what it came up with? So now I'm not even calculating my calories correctly... great

Not all apples are the same size/weight, even if same general item. It is recommended you get a food scale.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

A food scale will be your best friend. Don't want to see you getting closer to the wedding and then coming back and posting you're not losing even though you're only eating xXxX calories because then it won't be the pizza it will be that your logging is off. Better to get it in check now and get the food scale and know the actual amount of calories you're eating. Pieces, cups, etc are not accurate. Grams is the way to go. Don't stress - you have time still to get a scale and make the needed adjustments. It's all good. You just started - it's a process.
  • sarahseeto
    Options
    Honestly, if it were me, if it's possible to get a size 7 even this close to the wedding that's the route I'd go, or find a dressmaker who could alter it. I agree that you might want to think of upping your calorie allowance a bit so that you can eat more. All you need is a deficit, you don't necessarily have to go all the way down to 1200 if you don't absolutely need to. And take a moment to relax, you've still got some time.

I've lost 6kgs already and currently am a size 6. What calories should I be? And to be able to lose 2 kgs?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if it were me, if it's possible to get a size 7 even this close to the wedding that's the route I'd go, or find a dressmaker who could alter it. I agree that you might want to think of upping your calorie allowance a bit so that you can eat more. All you need is a deficit, you don't necessarily have to go all the way down to 1200 if you don't absolutely need to. And take a moment to relax, you've still got some time.

I've lost 6kgs already and currently am a size 6. What calories should I be? And to be able to lose 2 kgs?

Whatever MFP gives you after plugging in all your stats and how much weight you want to lose. 2kgs could be doable in a couple of months, given that it's a small amount you might have a better time setting your weekly loss to .5lbs/0.22kg a week. I wouldn't go higher than 1lb/0.4kg, that might be too aggressive. Good for you on the weight loss though, have you had a fitting since with the size 6 dress?
  • sarahseeto
    Options

Whatever MFP gives you after plugging in all your stats and how much weight you want to lose. 2kgs could be doable in a couple of months, given that it's a small amount you might have a better time setting your weekly loss to .5lbs/0.22kg a week. I wouldn't go higher than 1lb/0.4kg, that might be too aggressive. Good for you on the weight loss though, have you had a fitting since with the size 6 dress?

Thank you, no I have my next fitting on the 9th of September. The measurements she gave me I am under by an inch but I don't feel like she has given me the correct measurements... or I'm paranoid.
  • sarahseeto
    Options
    If you have already lost 6 kg then I don't see why you feel guilty. You are eating things that you like but are higher in calories from time to time and still losing weight. That's the goal, isn't it? To lose weight without losing your mind and to discover a system that allows you to live your life and still maintain the weight you want? Don't think of your off-plan foods as cheating or binging, think of them as just food. Don't think of your higher calorie days as something guilt inducing that you need to punish yourself for, think of them as "life happens". The more stressful you make this for yourself the more likely you are to compensate or quit.

Thank you, I really needed to hear that! I think I'm just stressed and over thinking.
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Would be far more concerned with trying to estimate something the shape of strawberries with a cup!
    Cups measure volume not weight.

You really need to strip away all the emotion from your relationship with food and dieting.
    Good, bad, binge, guilt, cheat - these really have no part in what is an exercise in mathematics.

Would suggest two positive steps:
    • Change your language around food and dieting.
    • Put in the effort to log accurately.

Take reassurance in the numbers over the course of a week rather than well meaning encouragement from strangers.

Took the words out of my mouth. I like your style bro.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    You need to get a digital food scale that weighs in grams. Weigh everything that isn't a liquid (even single serve items, prepackaged items) and use cups/spoons for liquid only (no cups/spoons for foods such as cereal, nuts, fruits, meals, etc).

Stop calling your cheat day a cheat day. You're staying within your calories. Actually, you can eat those foods every day and still lose weight just as long as you put nutrition first
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Barcodes on vegetables, fruit, and meat will only get you to a very generic entry. It's not the same as scanning a very specific thing like a packaged cookie or a frozen dinner.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options

Thank you, no I have my next fitting on the 9th of September. The measurements she gave me I am under by an inch but I don't feel like she has given me the correct measurements... or I'm paranoid.

It sounds like just stress in general, made worse by all this self-shaming.

A seamstress is not going to lie to you about measurements - that's her profession. Not only that but an inch one way or the other won't affect the dress that much. There are a couple inches of give in any garment.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My advice is don't restrict your diet! You want chocolate, eat the chocolate! As long as your calories in is less than your calories out you'll still lose weight! :) don't stress!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Is the dress already made? You can call the dressmaker and ask her to get fabric in the same material so she can add panels if needed. Just move on and start fresh. You enjoyed the food and took part because it was there, tasted good or you just needed it at that time. The stress of fitting into the dress can do a number on anyone. Hugs
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You have lost the weight and you are below the dress size. 1200 calories is frequently too little for people and as a nurse, I would imagine you are fairly active so I am not surprised you are having the odd binge...that is your body's way of telling you that you have dropped your intake too low. I would suggest setting to maintenance and be sure to account for how active you are as well. You really don't want to get so obsessed with this that it becomes detrimental to your health and potentially sabotages the wedding.