Greek Yogurt

Options
Ok I have tried a few different ones and I have to say I am not impressed. Can anyone tell me a brand and flavor that I can look for that will sell me on greek yogurt? If someone were to tell me they didn't like regular yogurt, I would tell them to try Yoplait Light White Chocolate Strawberry and if they didn't like that I would just say they don't like yogurt. So I am looking for someone to suggest a Greek Yogurt to convince me that I either like it or I don't. Thanks

Replies

• tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It took me awhile to find one I really like and it turned out to be Chobani with pineapple. And this is coming from someone that cannot imagine eating cottage cheese with fruit, but I do like yogurt.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I eat Total 0% Greek Yoghurt and I think it's scrummmmmmaaahhh!! I also like to add blueberries, bananas, raspberries and a little set honey to it. I could however just eat it straight from the pot :-D
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    try Athenos greek yogurt with honey..I didnt like the stuff at first either but this sold me on it.
    Costco also sell Chobani greek with fruit...pretty good also.
  • carisatterwhite
    carisatterwhite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Open Nature Non Fat Greek Honey Yogurt. It is all natural and sweetend only with honey. Delish!
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We tried a bunch of different brands, and Chobani was the one I like. Love the raspberry or the pineapple flavor! Also, if you can find the chobani champions (kid size, come in a 4 pack) both flavors are really good, but the honey banana is AWESOME!
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani too... My favorites are lemon (yes lemon sounds weird, but it's really good), blueberry, and pineapple. A lot of the people at my work are big fans as well - in fact the girl who sits across from me saw that we were both eating the blueberry Chobani yesterday..... Hope that helps!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is wierd.

Personally I like FAGE plain and then I stir in sugar free fat free pudding mix.

But I hear honey mixed in it is good too..

It is an aquired taste so it takes some getting used to.
  • heatheramara
    Options
    I like greek gods or oikos honey flavored...I add it to fruit or dry cereal and I love it.
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% plain Greek Yogurt. I don't buy the flavored ones because they have an incredible amount of sugar in them. The way I sweeten it is with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal (protein & crunch)l and 1/2 cup of strawberries. Super yummy, super healthy. I like Fage because it's one of the best tasting plain greek yogurts out there, very creamy and thick, (in my opinion) and it has probiotics built in for immunity and intestinal health.

Hope this helps :~)
  • misslaney
    misslaney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My vote also goes to Total 0%, so yummy!
  • erieli04
    erieli04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of Greek yogurt at first either...I think it is an acquired taste. I tried a bunch of brands but my favorite is Fage Total 2% or 0%. They are plain yogurt and come with a little mix-in on the side...like honey, peach, strawberry, cherry-pomegranate, etc.

A lot of people seem to like Chobani greek yogurt as well. I've heard good things about their pineapple flavor, but have never tried it myself. Hope you can find one you like!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I found the Dannon brand to be a little less thick than the others... not bad. I ususally cut up an apple and mix with it.:drinker:
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like all of Chobani's flavor except strawberry-banana.
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love love love Kroger brand honey... sounds odd and cheap but it is by far my favorite! I hope you can find one you like cause it is a great source of protein!
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani pineapple or Chobani pomegranite.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You're not going to like the GOOD greek yogurt because it tastes more like sour cream -- you have to doctor it up!

There are so many things that say greek yogurt -- but most of them are full of sugar and sometimes ahve 3 times more sugar than protein -- they shouldn't even be allowed to put the words greek yogurt on the label if you ask me.

Fage 0% or 2% -- plain ----
    Stir in: truvia or agave to sweeten, walnuts, granola, chia seeds, flax seeds, blueberries, blackberries, soy milk (to thin)

If you're not on a mission to avoid artifical sweeteners, toss in a tsp or two of sugar-free pudding or jello mix ..

Try stirring in pumplin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and top with nuts.. its like pumpkin pie!

I've done carrot cake, chocolate .... use your imagination.

It's also GREAT as savory -- use it anywhere in place of sour cream -- toss it in smoothies, protein shakes, dollop on soup, make dips with it by adding pickle relish or mustard or various marinades....
  • kaytonp
    kaytonp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurts are delicious. If you are looking for a lower sugar content yogurt that is still delicious I mix 3/4 cup Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt with 1.5 tsp of sugar and a generous dash of cinnamon. Instead of cinnamon sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries. I eat this a lot because it tastes delicious.
  • mamapj1
    mamapj1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Greek Gods Honey Yogurt. It is not low fat, but it is so rich and thick that a little goes a very long way. Yum
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If it is the texture that is getting you - try the Dannon greek vanilla. I got that and mixed in some fresh blueberries and it was great. It doesn't have that sharp flavor that some of the other greek yogurt has either.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fage and Chobani are the best. Without sugar, with evaporated cane juice. I have it with my Kashi at least 3 times week. The flavors are yummy, but with the Fage they are in separate compartments. You just mix the Chobani, especially like the lemon with blueberries or strawberries added in.:flowerforyou: