im needing some motivation and advice

Options
this week i only lost 0.6 in weight . . . im really depressed over this because i work out 6 days a week and my job is like a second work out cuz 95% of my job is cleaning and i sweat my a** off . . .. i stick to my calorie that i have for mfp and i just dont understand why im not loseing the weight . . . first week i lost 7 and then 1 and now 0.6 . . . what can i do? im going to stick with what im doing but i just dont understand and could realy use some support and advice . . .

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Try not to let it get you down. A loss is a loss and you can't lose big every week. Can't see your diary but I would ask how many calories a day, how much water and how much protein.

I know you expend alot of energy on that 2nd job but your body expects that now so you need to find time for some exercise too.

Don't give up, almost 9 lbs in 3weeks is super great, the max you want to aim for is 2lbs per week and you are at 3!

Big Congrats!
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    well i work out 6 days a week plus my job lol so im constantly doing something lol but your right a loss is a loss i just felt like it was more lol . .. . blah . . . .
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stay your course...! Your body is being asked to adjust to a huge change. Adjustment to the rapid loss of weight, water of otherwise, makes the body "rethink" how to distribute nutrition/fluid/electrolytes in a new way...so in the meantime the metabolism is adjusting. The only tried and true way to lose weight and be healthy is to cut and burn calories. If you are doing that your loss will start showing up again. So...in two weeks time you have lost 8.6 pounds! Wow. Great start!
    Make sure you are drinking at least 2 quarts of water daily in order to flush the burned fat byproducts and give your kidneys a break from all the waste products.
    Glad you are here!
  • mom2enlp
    mom2enlp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your frustration! It's really hard to stay motivated when things go more slowly than we'd like. I'm by no means an expert, but the following are some of the things my doctor suggested I look at when I' frustrated:

What times of day am I eating? Should I stop eating earlier in the evening?
    Am I changing up my workout regularly?

They say you're only supposed to lose one to two pounds a week for lasting weight loss. They first week is usually significantly higher (presumably water weight, but I have no idea). So, honestly, it sounds like you're right on track! And remember, you're working out, so your building and toning muscle which is technically heavier than fat. So rather than thinking about how little you lost, think about the muscle you gained. Don't get discouraged. You can rock this!!!
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    well i guess ill start drinking more water lol . .. i do feel kinda thirsty lol . . . .well i hope your right that i just need to give my body some time to readjust . . . i hope to see a big number next week . . but we will see . . .the first week i wasnt expecting the 7 pounds so i guess now thats what im expecting and i shouldnt . . . this is gonna be hard lol
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it, I've been working out almost everyday and staying under my calories for 6 weeks and I have lost 1lb! 1lb! I stopped worrying because I'm feeling great, I have lots of energy and I'm looking healthier. Don't make it just about your weight make it about your health!