Question of the Day- Day 7!!

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 7 :heart:

When do you weigh yourself? Be honest!:blushing: Once a day? Once a week? Twice a day?

**Me- Almost everyday! I know I know.. I shouldn't but I can't help it! I feel like if I weight myself everyday it helps motivate me for the next day :) I imagine though it's pretty rewarding to see the scale when you only weigh yourself once a week. I do only log my weigh in once a week! Maybe I will hide my scale??...........maybe

Replies

• charmainecurrie
    Options
    I'm a scale Junkie!!!
    I weight myself at least once a day...I can't help myself...
    I'm going to try to put the scale away for the week...maybe...
    next week??
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    About 5 or 6 times a day :-S Oops!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning even though i know there will be fluctuations, but i log in my current weight every friday morning
  • wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. I weigh myself every morning, but I only record it once a week. I am such a junkie, I don't think I could ever stop the everyday thing. lol
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I pass by a scale. Even if I'm in Brookstone. I'll even weigh myself using the meat scales in the produce section of Food Lion.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I do it Mon Wed and Fri but if I have a significant gain like I did when I got back from my trip then I will weigh myself everyday until it gets to where it was before the gain which is just a few days anyways because most of it is water weight(I dont know why I do this guess Im a junkie too) so I would say Im right in there with just close enough to every day
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Monday morning, ONLY - I might jump on between mondays but high or low those don't count - Monday is my 'official' weigh in
    When I get to my goal size, I will most likely go to once a month weigh ins but I WILL be tracking my weight from now on - I can't trust myself if I don't
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I weigh every day. It can be frustrating, but it's also a reality check when I've had bad day or days. While my mind knows the gain is likely water weight, the immediate "jolt" of seeing a higher number is a great motivator to get me back on track. I only log when I've shown a loss so it's easy to see how long a plateau has lasted or how long it took to drop a pound.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    The last time I weighed myself was May or June! Eff the scale! :D
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    ever stumble into the bathroom at three in the morning
    pee then..try and open your eyes wide enough to read the
    scale lol
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of weighing myself every day, but I really try to just weigh myself once a week. I can become to obsessed with the scale, so it's best for me to stay off of it!
  • laurakaylene
    laurakaylene Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself first thing every morning - before I have time to eat anything! :)
  • ReneeTurnage
    Options
    I weigh myself sometimes several times a day, but always first thing in the morning. It's a challege to me to see what the scale registers each time I step on it. I only record my weight usually once a week. I guess it's personal preference...weighing several times a day keeps me motivated and reminded of my ultimate goal.:happy:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day at least once just because I like to see where I'm at lol, but I don't record it til Friday morning. Even though I may seem like a scale junkie, I don't let that number be the focus of my journey. I may not lose much on the scale, but I'm still losing inches and go by how I feel in my clothes and how I look. :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    ever stumble into the bathroom at three in the morning
    pee then..try and open your eyes wide enough to read the
    scale lol

LOL I've actually done this before
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I weight myself in the morning... every morning .... I get up, pee, weigh .. in that order. It helps to keep me motivated and if I have a significant weight loss / gain I can see what I ate the day before. Like if we have Sushi for dinner, the next morning I see the damage from sodium and I KNOW it is a major water flushing day!
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Scale junkie - I weigh every day, usually several times a day., but the first time in the morning is the one that I use to log my weight even though I tend to drop weight after my morning workout.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Every day. It keeps me in check if I see it start to go up... XD
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every Monday morning and THATS IT! lol! I also take measurments that day too. :smile:
  • Pistolcoach
    Pistolcoach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning after going pee :) and I log it every day. Weighing in daily gives me a sense of accountability. I use the graph to keep me from being irrational....for example. I have lost 2.4 lbs since Monday....my first thought this morning was "urg, why arent I losing like I want"....then, after i logged todays weight, i checked my report. It was only then that I realized that i am acually ahead of my target weight loss of 2 lbs per week. I used to weigh myself 3 or 4 times a day, and that was just to much to be considered healthy :) (for me, we all have to do what works for us)