Question of the Day- Day 7!!

Options

Replies

• dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I sneak a peek every morning but do my measurements and offical weigh in on Monday mornings. Don't leave out the measurements! When the scale lets you down the measurements often bring you up!
  • brokenxglass
    Options
    If I'm fasting, I weigh myself a million times a day, like 3-15 times. If I'm dieting 3-5 times. If I'm eating normal, or if I'm eating bad food, then 1-3 times. I ALWAYS weigh myself when I wake up, after I do my business, and before I eat. I read in some diet book that that's the best time.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    About 5 or 6 times a day :-S Oops!

LOL, me too! I only worry about the one first thing in the morning, but I step on often during the day.
  • helly_zgb
    helly_zgb Posts: 39
    Options
    once a week, sometimes twice :)
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day. I try to only log it on saturdays though
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the majority of us are scale junkies! After readying everyone's response I think I am starting to be ok with it! Your right it does hold you accountable and keep you motivated for that days eating habits. Maybe I won't hide the scale after all! I do only weigh myself in the morning after I use the bathroom. I DO NOT like to see the number at night lol
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day but it was making me crazy.

Now I weigh myself probably twice a week. But I try to keep to a once a week schedule.
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    many times every day but i only keep track of my weight and measurements on monday mornings
  • Samantha402
    Options
    I have a lot of free time right now so i'm weighing myself more than 3x a day. I am becoming obsessed with the number so I really need to stop myself from doing this! I'm going to try and cut it down to just in the morning and maybe in the evenings. I only record it once a week though.
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    BUMP!
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    I am getting the feeling, from reading the posts on this thread, that a lot of us are turning our obsession with food into an obsession with the scale.

Good or bad???
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    I am getting the feeling, from reading the posts on this thread, that a lot of us are turning our obsession with food into an obsession with the scale.

Good or bad???

hhhmmm I think I would rather have an obsession with the scale then with food that's for sure lol
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I sneak a peek every morning but do my measurements and offical weigh in on Monday mornings. Don't leave out the measurements! When the scale lets you down the measurements often bring you up!

EXCELLENT point! The scale is only ONE tool in determining how far you've come in your journey, your measurements, how your clothes fit and your body fat % are also great indicators!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the majority of us are scale junkies! After readying everyone's response I think I am starting to be ok with it! Your right it does hold you accountable and keep you motivated for that days eating habits. Maybe I won't hide the scale after all! I do only weigh myself in the morning after I use the bathroom. I DO NOT like to see the number at night lol

Me too Ill only weigh in the morning because I hate to see a gain and I know naturally there will be, I also only check in once a week on here too
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Once a day. First thing in the morning.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    recently it's been every day, first thing upon waking up after i have my pee. I have found you learn alot about how your body works and reacts with foods and weightloss. seeing the fluctuations at first can be discouraging especially during stalls but it helps you to understand how your body works.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    With "addictions" you usually have to substitute something to replace the bad habit. I do weigh daily (sometimes 2-3 times), Once in the morning, i like seeing my weight after I go to the gym too. and sometimes at night before I go to bed because it helps me predict what tomorrow will be.

But i feel like it keeps me motivated and for now it's a healthy addiction compared to eating high sodium and junk food . I figure it'll decrease after i get to my goal weight.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in after I sleep so first thing in the morning and if I take a nap. It kinda sets the tone for me - reminds me why I need to make good choices.