@CsBalint wrote: »
    My question:
    How did you found MyFitnessPal?
    Waiting for your storyes.

I was on this spellcheck website...
  • EastLAhomie
    EastLAhomie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Recommended to me by my personal trainer. It's been a great help keeping a food diary. They need to improve how you enter your weight workouts. Make it more streamlined.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I knew a woman online for years who was "my kind" and by that I simply mean, plus sized and still confident, happy, attractive, etc. Then she lost around 100 lb (over 18 months or so) using something called My Fitness Pal, and unlike most people I knew (irl) who lost huge amounts of weight, she was still her same awesome self and not some weird person who only ate watermelon and looked sad all of the time...

I was in! Worked well for me, too. For a little bit I tried hooking other friends up with it when they lamented slow weight loss but so far most people I've mentioned MFP to just use it for a few weeks and don't see any loss and move on. I guess it isn't for everyone but it is for me...I am so glad I gave it a shot.
  • night_owls1985
    night_owls1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I found it on my app search .
  • EastLAhomie
    EastLAhomie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was being evaluated by one of my trainers and he recommend I try it. I'm glad I did. It's a good food journal.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    company's HR department
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I was overweight all my life, and starting around middle school, I read articles here and there pertaining to weight loss. Idk exactly how, but in my mid-teens, I came across MFP. A friend told me that counting calories didn't work, and I stopped using MFP after a month or so. During my first year in college, I started thinking a whole lot more about my health and weight, and the following summer, I began my weight loss. I lost the first 10-15 lbs without MFP. I just cut back my portions and did rough estimates for calories. I used measuring cups for both solids and liquids (so glad to use a food scale now lol). One day, I happened to remember this website, and I've been logging in since then.
  • RichJBenham
    RichJBenham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine uses it and suggested it as i was struggling to lose as much weight per week as i wanted, eye opener in terms of calories had per day and in the 20 days i've been using, lost 6lbs
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    My Registered Dietitian made me do it.