Need Support--I am a Cookie Monster

Options
...and a doughnut, brownie, you-name-it-sweets Monster. I haven't lost weight since April and have 8 more pounds to go until I reach my goal. But lately my willpower has been terrible when it comes to eating right, and I've been eating really poorly, which is a big reason why I think I'm not making anymore headway with my weight.

I'm on the C25k program (going into my 7th week of training), and would really love to hit my goal weight of 120 by the fall, as well as run my first 5k!

Looking for friends for motivation and support, and to keep my sweet tooth in check. :)

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    get the fattening cookies OUT of your house. Get some Healthy request or other brand - prepackaged 100 cal- and PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER.
    Only thaw TWO at a time. when you eat one, get another out to thaw.
    ANYTHING I want to have in the house but fight temptation on, I put it in the freezer - I have to thaw it to eat it. Sometimes, if it's late & I'm tired, I just go to bed instead
    That's what I have to do tho- just keep fattening stuff out of the house- but then, I'm lucky, I live alone so I don't have to consider anyone else's preferences
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I find that the Skinny Cow stuff is really good for a sweet tooth fix, very tasty and low on guilt!
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    ^^^ This.

Get rid of the offending items out of the house. They are not worth it.

If I feel that I need something sweet i'll have strawberry milk made with skimmed milk.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    C is for Cookie! lol sorry! There are a lot of alternatives!!! Add me if you like Im a great supporter! =)
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I did C25k too, though I kept getting stalled with ankle injuries. Now I have a new brace and I'm going back to it. :) Cookies are evil (sweet, sweet, delicious evil) but it sounds like you're headed back in the right direction!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Haha, my nickname for my boyfriend is Cookie Monster. He's definitely not watching his weight like I am, and I hate his metabolism. I still like sweets, but I try to find low calorie alternatives. I HIGHLY suggest Fiber One Brownies. The chocolate ones are heavenly and at 90 calories, they're pretty low on the guilt scale! I also don't keep much in the house in terms of sweets. I have ice pops instead of ice cream, Special K cracker chips instead of potato chips, those Fiber One brownies. There's lots out there so you're not completely deprived.
  • Effster
    Effster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good idea about thawing the goodies! Sometimes eating is impulsive, so adding some time of "waiting" can help keep the craving beast in check.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I like the Pizzelle Italian style Vanilla cookies. Only 23 calories. I love cookies and sweets toooo!! :love:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I had a 40yr addiction to sugar I never every beat it, I tried and tried. For me it became a Spiritual thing, In Oct 2010 I promise my God I wouldn't eat any more candy or cookies and that I would only eat cake and pie on National Holidays or Weddings. This is the first time my sugar cravings haven't sabotage my weight loss effort. I been sugar free every since. My Jesus is the only thing that worked for me.....................Be Blessed.
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    fiber one 90 cal bars and skinny cow have gotten me thru my MANY crazy sugar craving days. but if there was anything else in the house there is no one i would not buckle!
  • Effster
    Effster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely try the Fiber One and Skinny Cow snacks. Ultimately I would like to cut out processed foods in general, but these will help in the meantime. :)
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    story of my life! sometimes i get into a week or two-long cookie-frenzy. it's okay to indulge once in a while, but just pick up and get back on healthy-track!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The best I've had of Skinny Cow so far is the mint sandwiches....soooo good...I'm tellin ya.
  • mackenzieautumn
    Options
    a trick i use to stop eating junk is that when i see it and i want it i close my eyes and think of it in a dusgusting way, like flies or spiders are covering it, or the dog licked it or something. its a no fail system for me!