• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Coffee with half & half
  • runningbored
    runningbored Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I get a plain rotisserie chicken and put the meat in Tupperware. I use this throughout week to make 4 egg omelet the night before ( I only use the yolk from 1 egg). If I can cook it you know it's super quick and easy! It's always good to have quick access to cooked chicken.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats (150 calories) (I just buy the store brand) they take 2 minutes in the microwave, make sure you buy the plain ones and not the calorie and sugar bomb flavored ones. After they are cooked I add 1 Tbsp on natural peanut butter (100 calories) and 1/2 cup of fruit(30-50 calories) (my favorite is blueberries). This time a year I use fresh fruit but the rest of the year frozen works just as well! Also if you are really in a pinch do overnight oats so they will be ready to eat when you get up in the morning! There are a lot of good overnight oat recipes online just make sure you read what is in them because some are calorie and sugar bombs, I once saw one that called for 1/4 cup of peanut butter which would be about 400 calories for the peanut butter alone, yikes!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt "parfait".....berries + high fiber cereal + chopped nuts.

Crock pot oatmeal made with milk/water, Truvia, and cinnamon. Make a big batch on Sunday and store in individual bowls. In the a.m. add chopped fruit & re-heat in the microwave.

Make ahead Egg "McMuffins". Bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9x9 pan. Cut into squares & freeze with Canadian bacon. In the a.m. toast a high fiber English muffin, warm egg, and add a slice of 2% cheese.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm intermittent fasting on most days now, but before one of my fav quick and fairly low cal breakfast was an egg sandwich- 140 cal english muffin toasted, 1 egg and a low-cal kraft single (140+70+45=255 cals).

Overnight oatmeal is also great and easy to prep the night before- lots of recipes out there.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I make a couple of frittatas on Sunday, and then nuke a slice every morning. Keeps me from hitting the McD's drive-thru... :)
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The night before I like to add about 2 tbsp of chia seeds with plain greek yogurt + a tsp of cinnamon (there are lots of other things you can add in as well, such as cocoa powder, honey, etc.). In the morning, I re-stir it and then add nuts and berries on top. Keeps me full for a while and saves me time in the morning :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Nothing! :D
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been make ahead steel cut oats made with 2% milk with Granny Smith apples and cinnamon, peanut butter added in the morning, plus an egg poached in the microwave. Side of cottage cheese if I need extra protein. I'm a diabetic and this breakfast is like magic for my blood sugar - it's full of carbs, but it hardly raises my levels at all.

My other usual breakfast is a quinoa bowl with fresh chopped veggies, legumes, lean protein (cooked ahead - might be chicken, pork, or beef) plus dressing. This has infinite variants, it might be a Mexican fajita bowl, a Japanese edamame and mackerel bowl, or an Indian curry bowl. It can even be a Southern comfort food bowl with lady peas, greens, and BBQ chicken. This is quick to heat up if you prep ahead.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs take no time to make, I'm on 4 x 550 cals a day so mine is a whole bagel toasted, 4 large organic eggs and a tiny knob of butter to cook them in - literally takes not much than time it takes to toast the bagel

if you need few calories you can have half a bagel, cut the size and number of eggs but don't cut the butter as it makes all the difference to the taste. Tried free range eggs and found that the organic taste better, feel more nutritious and just generally nicer.

You might only want to do this once or twice a week - I feel good on it though
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs and a quarter cup of ricotta cheese. Sometimes I add a slice or two or tomato or avocado. Fills me up.
  • APD71
    APD71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Usually grab a bowl of cereal like Kashi Honey Oat with unsweetened almond milk or if in hurry just grabbng a banana or other piece of fruit on way out the door along with the necessary cup of coffee. Around 10AM I eat a protein meal bar to tide me over til lunch.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Quickest is the overnight oats.

Favorite is probably the egg sandwich with egg, bacon or ham, cheese, and a fresh leaf of kale, believe it or not. I don't have that very often.
  • riobersamin
    riobersamin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast with skinny fried egg, easiest and quickest fave breakfast
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A hardboiled egg. Although last week I had leftover chicken breast topped with guacamole and it was to die for yummy. I eat my egg as soon as a I get to work (8:30) and then I'll have either a 1/2 c cottage cheese or a piece of fruit around 10:30.
  • LOSTandFOUND2014
    LOSTandFOUND2014 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Besides coffee. Eggs. Hard boiled. Scrambled. Over easy. Sometimes just the whites.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    as I said, loving my eggs for breakfast

maintain organic makes a BIG difference though, had to get ordinary free range and they were just not anywhere near as good
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Packet of Instant Original Oatmeal (any brand)
    1oz of baby spinach with a tablespoon of Kraft Zesty Itialin dressing
    2 Tangerines (Cuties or Halos)
    1 Medium Sized Apple (any type)
    1 Banana or a cup of assorted berries
    10oz of any flavor of Twinnings tea.
    A 16oz water bottle
    My favorite breakfast is what I eat 90% of the time for breakfast haha.
  • garygtmm
    garygtmm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - coffee. Lunch - coffee.