Desciphering weather your active or lightly active?!

Options
In the goal section it asks whether you are super active down to sedentary, I know I'm not the extreme on either end so how do I determine in which I am in the middle ? Active vs lightly active? What is the determining factor?

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    1. Sedentary (Inactive)

Pedometer steps = less than 5,000 steps a day

This is equivalent to getting less than 150 minutes of exercise per week, or less than the minimum amount of exercise recommended for all adults.

2. Low Active

Pedometer steps = 5,000 – 7,499 steps a day

3. Somewhat Active

Pedometer steps = 7,500 – 9,999 steps a day

4. Active

Pedometer steps = 10,000 steps or more a day

5. Highly Active

Pedometer steps = 12,500 steps or more a day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home > Goals > View Guided Setup:

How would you describe your normal daily activities?

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesperson)
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. food server, postal carrier)
    Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I couldn't figure it out, so I just picked a calorie target and extrapolated my activity level from my food intake + my weight trend (and 1 kilo of fat = 7000 calories). Now I can't even remember what activity level I figured out I had, and actually I don't really care. I reckon it's good enough; I am fit and feel energetic and strong, and I'm maintaining a healthy weight.
  • MommaDeQuatre
    MommaDeQuatre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I fall between active and somewhat active depending on my week. I'm a farmer and spend lots of time walking through orchards, pruning trees etc not to mention chasing my kids. Thanks for the insight!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Go with the lower of the 2 to start with and see how you go. If you find you are losing weight quicker than your goal then up it to the next level. If you find you are not losing weight then drop it down instead.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Pick one then monitor your progress. If you're not losing drop down a level, if your losing too fast, move up a level.