Let's see what clean eating, calorie deficit and exercise can do in a month

Options
Hello everyone!
Recently I've been eating less healthy and this proves that exercise can't undo a bad diet.
I feel bloated and look not at my best.
I'm 165 cm and currently weigh 59kg (OMG hahah way too much). Therefore, I would like to go down to 51 kg.
I don't have a specific day by which I want to lose this weight. But I want to see which improvements I can do in a month starting from now.

I'll stick to this plan and see what the results will be. It would be nice if someone starts with me as well.
This is not meant to be a quick fix. This is just meant to be a "powerful" and "strict" regime to go back on track. This is how it works with me. I have to go all in hahaha. For sure anyone who wants to start doesn't have to do exactly what I do. Just listen to your body :)

So here's what I'll more or less do.

FOOD
Breakfast: egg whites, salad, tomato, zucchini, avocado and chia seeds.
Snack: 10 almonds
Lunch: spring water tuna fish, salad, tomato, zucchini, chia seeds
Snack: 10 almonds and fage 0% yogurt
Dinner: more or less same as lunch

WORKOUT
5/6 times a week
running 8-9 km + small HIIT circuit (burpees, squat jumps, plank, etc...).

I will daily post what I ate and did

Let's see what a month into this brings me as results

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi.
    At your weight and height you can lose about 1kg per month if you eat at a deficit everyday.
    I have lost 14 so far (at roughly 1kg per month)

How many calories do you plan to eat per day?
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you just want this to be a "challenge" or if you want lasting results, but consider this:

You're already at a normal weight for your height, and your goal weight is just inside the normal BMI range (less than a kilo away from the border to underweight).

Good nutrition means getting in a wide variety of foods. Your meal plan looks very restrictive and not very balanced.

We can do anything for a while, but what matters in the long run is what we do over time.

Boring and restrictive eating invariably leads to overindulgence.

This.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That weight is not "way too much" for your height. Not eating enough can make you feel sluggish; hormonal fluctuations can make you feel bloated; too much exercise can make you feel tired. There are many factors here. Also in all my years of marathon training, long distance biking, and now even just simple gym workouts, I never went without resistance training. It comes highly recommended for optimal health by just about any source.

Also are carbs not for you or just refined carbs? I get sluggish after too much white bread or sugar, but that's different from how I feel after minimally processed whole grains and starches.

If you don't include any carbs you will not be able to top off your glycogen stores, which will result in more lethargy and less efficient workouts.

Just a few things to consider.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    vvvvv45501 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    Recently I've been eating less healthy and this proves that exercise can't undo a bad diet.
    I'm 165 cm and currently weigh 59kg (OMG hahah way too much). Therefore, I would like to go down to 51 kg.
    I don't have a specific day by which I want to lose this weight. But I want to see which improvements I can do in a month starting from now.

I'll stick to this plan and see what the results will be. It would be nice if someone starts with me as well.
    This is not meant to be a quick fix. This is just meant to be a "powerful" and "strict" regime to go back on track. This is how it works with me. I have to go all in hahaha. For sure anyone who wants to start doesn't have to do exactly what I do. Just listen to your body :)

FOOD

WORKOUT
    5/6 times a week

Okay, if that's what you want to do.

Not sure what the point of this is, but I'm assuming you know what you like to eat and what workouts you enjoy, so have chosen something that will work for you.

You are at a fine weight, but I can understand wanting to lose a bit, and if you've gained worth understanding what happened there -- and smart to do it when it's pretty under control, it seems.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

FOOD

WORKOUT
    5/6 times a week

how many calories per day is this plan???? doesn't seem like much since you are relying mostly on egg whites and tuna fish!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

FOOD

WORKOUT
    5/6 times a week

Hmm, I will be interested to see what results you have in a month. How much of each item will you be eating? What is in the salad?
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I wish you success OP. It looks like you've put some thought into planning this, but MFP might help you fine tune the plan. If I were you I would plug in your proposed diet into MFP and see how it works out nutritionally and calorically. Is there, for instance, enough vitamin A in that diet? Are there enough calories to fuel those workouts?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone!

FOOD

WORKOUT
    5/6 times a week

how many calories per day is this plan???? doesn't seem like much since you are relying mostly on egg whites and tuna fish!!

^^^I was going to ask the same thing. That doesn't seem like very many calories to fuel a normal day, let alone adding a 5-5.5 mile run + curcuits 5-6 times a week.