Options
plugging in my gram into MFP from Atkins, it has me at 1800 calories.. yikes
Anyone else following Atkins and using MFP? ~ tracey

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    What?

Atkins is just low carb high fat. If you ask MFP for a weight loss goal of one pound per week and then do Atkins (or any other plan, including no plan) you will likely lose weight - is that your goal?
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am a pescatarian (vegetarian that eats fish) so my selection is VERY limited. They were recommended by someone. I notice they tend to be higher in calories and other macronutrients than me just eating food I'd prepare myself. I know they are convenient and supposedly well thought out but I'd rather invest a few extra minutes and do the cooking myself on weekends! Using them shouldn't make using MFP any more/less difficult. You just may not be able to eat as much as you'd like and stay within a certain calorie range, sadly! :(
  • traceyfrederick
    traceyfrederick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What?

Atkins is just low carb high fat. If you ask MFP for a weight loss goal of one pound per week and then do Atkins (or any other plan, including no plan) you will likely lose weight - is that your goal?

i plugged in my numbers Atkins gave me for grams into MFP and it calculated over 1800 calories to meet those. Atkins does NOT count calories. just wondering if anyone on MFP is also following Atkins.
  • traceyfrederick
    traceyfrederick Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Yes. This was basically what I was saying in my edit above, about changing the macro percentages. It's nice to have the steps broken down with illustrations though. Good find.

yes, correct. the challenge was getting the % correct with NOT so high calories. I figured it out.
    Carb 5% protein 30% fat 65% all good now ..... so I hope. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Why yikes? What is the problem? How does that compare to what MFP gives you?