FOOD SCANNER

Options
I have been trying to use my food scanner on MFP but there are times when I get the message "Sorry, but we couldn't find a match" but then other times I can get it to scan that same product. I also use LoseIt and have no problem with the scanner. What is up with the MFP scanner?

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Maybe because MFP users can edit the database. So if you scan something and it comes up with the wrong product (it happens), you can tell the app it's the wrong thing and de-link the barcode. I think you can add new barcodes as well, so I guess people are linking and delinking things in the database all the time.
    I've not had too many issues with it thankfully, but sometimes it does tell me my British chicken is in fact American cereal or something completely random!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have you tried typing and searching for the food? I almost never use the scanner.
  • twokatlover
    twokatlover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes and on the phone it only has recent, frequent, my foods, meals and recipes. It doesn't just let you search. That is really annoying when you aren't near a computer.
  • Shiarrael
    Shiarrael Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes and on the phone it only has recent, frequent, my foods, meals and recipes. It doesn't just let you search. That is really annoying when you aren't near a computer.

I exclusively use MFP on my phone, and I use the search function all the time...
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I never have a problem with the scanner unless the item is just NOT in the database. I also search for items on my phone MFP app and don't have a problem. Most phone issues are resolved by powering OFF your phone, leaving it off for at least 10 seconds, and powering it back on. Lots of software issues are resolved by doing this. Good luck.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options

On the mobile apps, as you type your text, the predictive text feature will narrow the items already logged into your Food Diary. To search the database, after typing the text, tap the search icon (a magnifying glass), which may appear on the pop-up keyboard or to the right of the text box.
  • mattiefras
    mattiefras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You know you can manually enter the scan code, yes?