Keto for weight loss

Options
This is my 4th time starting the weight loss journey. I'm currently the largest I've ever been with the exception of pregnancy. I need to lose at least 30lbs, ideally 50lbs.
I want to do it in a healthy way that sets me up for long term success. That is why I have chosen to do the ketogenic diet along with exercise 3 times a week. I want to overcome my cravings, not just suppress them.
Please friend me if you are on a similar path to weight loss and healthy living. Let's hold each accountable and give encouragement.

Brittany

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Just remember - no matter what you choose for your method of dieting just make sure you are still maintaining a reasonable calorie deficit for weight loss. Also pick something that is sustainable long term and not just a "quick fix". Best of luck!
  • mendybennett24
    mendybennett24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I follow a keto diet! Add me
  • rgt9193
    rgt9193 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day as well on Keto, never done this before. I read blogs, watched videos, read a book on keto, kinda OD on all the info. I wanted to be informed before I started this journey. I flushed my kitchen & pantry of tons of processed foods. I had surgery this year so was unable to walk without a walker, needless to say I gained a lot of weight. I'm hoping to lose 100 pounds. It's going to take some time, I understand that but I'm so ready. So if anyone has any good tips feed them my way!
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    There is no metabolic difference in subjects using high fat/ low carb diets or inversely high carb/ low fat when protein is matched for both. What really matters is finding a sustainable diet.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Been on Keto for 6 months now, lost 30 and hit goal. Love it. No secret miracles from it, but I found it was way more along the lines of how l already like to eat, and thus easier to follow. And I also never feel hungry, where when I eat carbs at the same calorie level, I'm starving all the time!
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just started keto/ IF 8 days ago and am down 9 pounds. I love it!!! I wish you all the best of luck no matter what method. Anyone is welcome to add me as well.
  • JazzyL9407
    JazzyL9407 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start this myself! Anyone find anything odd in their kitchen purge?
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I haven't purged yet. On day 4 and going strong, but I still like to go stand in my pantry and stare at the bread and chips and pasta and cereal.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for 2 weeks now and am down over 10 lbs ( probably half of that was water weight and I feel so much less bloated now). A good reminder, as someone already said, is that the calorie deficit is the most important thing if weight loss is your goal. For me, I can eat a ton of carbs in one sitting and then feel hungry an hour later... that diet was packing on the pounds. Since switching I find I'm eating more nutrient-packed foods instead of simple carbs/sugar and don't need to eat nearly as much - hence the calorie deficit and the loosing weight. Finding what works for you is most important so if Keto seems too restrictive after a week, maybe reevaluate and see if a LCHF diet works better (instead of <20g of carbs a day, up it to 40-50g).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I haven't purged yet. On day 4 and going strong, but I still like to go stand in my pantry and stare at the bread and chips and pasta and cereal.

then maybe Keto is not for you and you should just eat in a calorie deficit, keep your protein high, and eat the foods you enjoy.

There is no benefit to Keto vs a high protein, moderate carbohydrate diet...

what matters is eating less, and moving more...
  • Torsten714
    Torsten714 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also doing keto. Feel free to add me!
  • betsytoadvine
    betsytoadvine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've done Keto several times and it has always been my most successful weight loss. I play sports and have a hard time without carbs now so it isn't currently an option for me. My best advice is to try to find low carb ready made products because you WILL NOT always be prepping like you want to. Picking up random packages and reading is the best way. String cheese, plain broth and fresh precut veggies were the easiest for me. Hope that helps.