lose 10-15lbs by Labor day! 6 weeks Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• sexyharleymama
    Options
    My calorie goal is to stay between 1200 - 1300 cals a day. Kinda depends on how many calories I burn that day too. I try to have between 400 and 500 of my workout calories uneaten every day.
    My H20 goal is 9 glasses of water a day.
    My calorie burn goal is 2400 calories a week min or 400 a day. I try to do a min of 30 mins six days a week. But I typically do way mor than that.
    I will be doing Jillian Michaels DVDs (ripped or shred) in the morning before work 5 days a week.
    And then work permiting I will hit the gym during lunch and do 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week.
    Weather permiting I like to try to go for family walks after dinner for at least 30 min if not 60 (depends on how fast the little ones eat and how hot it is as to how long of a walk we do).
    And then on Sat mornings run my 5K.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ok my goals for the six weeks are to do the elliptical three days a week and increase the time by one minute. Also stay in my calorie range 1200-1300. Swim twice a week and bike three times a week. I also want to add the treadmill to my workout.
  • cafaria67
    cafaria67 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am staying around the 1200 calorie mark, plus a bit from exercise. For exercise I am keeping a variety with a few different things...I am working with a personal trainer and 3 friends (one of which is also doing this challenge), P90x, Biggest Loser Wii game, and running (I'm doing a version of C25K, but I'm running a longer distance).
  • KarenSBland
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Karen, I live in central Washington, and my co-worker just introduced me to MFP a week ago. I started out at 160 lbs, I'm 5'2", and my goal is weight is 125. I am finding that keeping to a caloric diet is very challenging, but MFP has really helped with that - it really makes me aware of what I'm eating. However, the exercise portion is where I struggle - mostly because I am experiencing a very stressful time in my life at the present and just can't seem to stay motivated. Anyone have a suggestion for how you stay motivated?? I'm hoping that this challenge will help. :smile: Anyway...looking forward to the challenge...and to maybe making some new friends along the journey. Thanks!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 1500 cal. a day and get my butt up and moving at least 4 days a week. Zumba, jogging, swimming, whatever I feel like that day.

So far I am down 1 pound!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    my calories will be around 1200-1300. I'm focusing on getting the fat OUT and protein IN. For exercise I will be walking, pushing my endurance on the stairs (I hear this is one of the best workouts you can get), swimming, weights for toning my upper body & thighs, and pilates
    I am planning on doing Jillian's 30 day shred for September and hopefully that will put me at optimal toning for my trip in October -
    Then the holidays .. New Years and so on ...

SW 190 (for challenge) I do not have measurements at this time - I'll post those asap cause I really do want to track that for this challenge & for my 30DS
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Yvonne and I have not lost a pound since I have joined this site, but I have not kept track of my dietary intake each day and I exercise off and on I currently weight 187lbs and would like to loose 15lbs during this challenge. I think this challenge will be a great push so that I can get started and stay focused.:smile:
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is to be under 1350 a day and to walk at least 3 miles a day. I have a goal of walking 100 miles each month, for July I am at 83.5 miles walked so need to get in another 16.5 before the end of the month.
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    This is how our chart will look. Becuase it takes a lot of working to making the chart we will not accept new members sorry. Please don't forget to report your weight lost. It doesn't matter when you do your weight in as long as it's posted by monday so I can submit an updated chart. Thanks guys!
    laborday6wkschallengechartSW.jpg
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Allison. I currently weigh 162 and would like to lose about 8lbs in these 6 weeks. Ultimately, my goal is 135.
  • slimothy89
    slimothy89 Posts: 61
    Options
    My name is Paigge, and I want to join the challenge. I need more inspiration!! I'm having a hard time with my weight. I need to lose 40 pounds to join the army, and it seems like nothing is working at the moment. My starting weight was 195, but I am now 190.2. I need to lose inches, and I don't really have a plan about losing the weight, but it would be cool to join some people that can share ideas!!...Oh I need to get to 150/
  • kbirk1963
    kbirk1963 Posts: 42
    Options
    Oh I love it!!! Please send it to me. Thank you!
  • kbirk1963
    kbirk1963 Posts: 42
    Options
    It's soooo beautiful! For some reson it makes me want to work that much harder! :laugh: Thank you so much!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is how our chart will look. Becuase it takes a lot of working to making the chart we will not accept new members sorry. Please don't forget to report your weight lost. It doesn't matter when you do your weight in as long as it's posted by monday so I can submit an updated chart. Thanks guys!

Looks great!! I'm excited! Thanks so much for giving me the extra push I needed! Now that I know someone is watching I will be much more accountable!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! But I am just about to walk out the door at work so I will check in and introduce myself later tonight
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just read that you won't be taking new members...guess its on to find another challenge!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I haven't started this challenge out too great! I need to get on the ball!!!
  • kaleighmorgan
    Options
    I haven't started this challenge out too great! I need to get on the ball!!!

Same here, but don't worry--we just need to buckle down and get ready to drop some weight!! :-)
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yay! The chart looks great! I will weigh in Monday morning first thing and send you the number.... :)
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    Come on guys lets get up and workout out!!! Lets not let the heat ware us down. We need to get our butts up and start moving. Who's with me? I know I have taken this chanllenge very seriously, not only for my self but as a committment to you all. That we can do this, we can lose those 10-15lbs by labor day..

I understand it might be a chanllenge for most of us, but that's why this is a 6 weeks chanllenge. I can tell you that I have not lost 1lbs since early april; and that includes me going to the gym and eating healthy (well, i've had my falls.) But, Now I'm spending 3 hrs at the gym (that's 2hrs more than what i used too.) I have given up a part of my lunch hour to go to the gym, I am working out for 2 hrs after work and 2 hrs on saturday morning before my family wakes up. I am tracking all my intakes and inputting my calories burned.

Comeon we can do this; even if it's 5lbs in this 6weeks challenge but that will be 5 lbs off our bodies!!! Let's not say tomorrow I will start, because for some, that tomorrow will never come and it will only be harder to lose the weight when your a few pounds heavier.

You know what they say, if your in your 20's or older a 1hr workout a day, will only work to maintaine your current body weight. So that means we have to workout for more than an hr.

Let's do this!!!