For my own sanity

Options
Hi all, I'm Michelle I'm 34 from Derby. I have been yoyo dieting for about the last 10 years with no success. Lose a bit, gain a lot more... you know the drill. I was always slim and active until my mid twenties but I met a boy and got happy and the rest is history. I now have no self confidence so much so that I have called into work sick so many times that I was let go. I need to get myself where I want to be. Not only for my own sanity, but for my family. Anyway that's enough of the sob story. I'm looking to meet people on here who I can share my journey with. Celebrate with, moan to etc. so if you are looking for a diet/fitness buddy please feel free to msg me. good luck with your own individual journeys

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if your lack of confidence is affecting your life to that extent, you need to see a doctor, as losing weight wont magically make everything better.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm with TT. You do need more than just weight loss, because losing weight doesn't magically make you love yourself. And calling in to work sick so much you are let go is a sign you've gone too far the wrong way.

What does your boyfriend make of you losing your job/lack of self confidence?
  • Nicolllaaaaa
    Nicolllaaaaa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm pushing 30, live with a feeder and getting so paranoid about how I look I don't leave the house much anymore.
    Had a baby around 6 months ago but to be honest I don't want to buy the size 16/18 and I look ridiculous in size 10! Lol
    Don't get time for fitness these days
    I've done various diets as well currently looking for one that's right for me so winging it in the meantime!

What ones have you done before?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm pushing 30, live with a feeder and getting so paranoid about how I look I don't leave the house much anymore.
    Had a baby around 6 months ago but to be honest I don't want to buy the size 16/18 and I look ridiculous in size 10! Lol
    I've done various diets as well currently looking for one that's right for me so winging it in the meantime!

why not just use MFP and eat in a calorie deficit?
  • Nicolllaaaaa
    Nicolllaaaaa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do try to. I've recently found out I have pcos, too much male hormones so looking into high protein low carb but want to get it right, you know? I done well before on GI but I get more spare tyres than kwikfit eating salads. I need to avoid dairy lactose and sugar. I do have a bad latte addiction can't walk past a coffee shop to save myself. Long way to go :smile:
  • misshellybell
    misshellybell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    if your lack of confidence is affecting your life to that extent, you need to see a doctor, as losing weight wont magically make everything better.

Seen a doctor and advised to see a Counsillor but I'm wierd with stuff like that. I hate talking about my feelings. I feel like I'm not important enough and there's other people who could use their help before me. Exercise and good diet is one of the many steps I plan to take but this is the first one. Gotta start somewhere right?

• TavistockToad
    Options

Seen a doctor and advised to see a Counsillor but I'm wierd with stuff like that. I hate talking about my feelings. I feel like I'm not important enough and there's other people who could use their help before me. Exercise and good diet is one of the many steps I plan to take but this is the first one. Gotta start somewhere right?

i would really really suggest you try, otherwise, how will anything actually change?

my husband had CBT for his anxiety, and it has been really useful for him to develop coping mechanisms.
  • misshellybell
    Options

I've done all sorts. Cleanses, weight watchers, slimming world, replacement meals, diet pillscalorie counting. Truth is I'm lazy and I've let myself go. So enough is enough! Today is the first day of getting my life back. I know what you mean about not wanting to buy bigger clothes. I try to avoid social events because I have nothing I look nice in and won't go shopping for that bigger size. One step at a time though hey x

• RichJBenham
    RichJBenham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    At least you've acknowledged the issue and made that decision to turn it round, step one is getting into a routine and by that i mean better diet and better exercise. Once this becomes habit, you will soon see the differences but it will take a little time, best advise i can give is to NOT give up on it too soon. I was the same in not wanting to talk, but you know what, i don't half help! Keeping things locked up does you no good and sense of relief letting things out makes it worth it. Good look to you Shelly x
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options

As long as you keep making excuses nothing will change. I apologise for being harsh, but the only person stopping you is you.
    • I hate talking about my feelings - YOUR FEELINGS MATTER
    • I feel I'm not important enough - YOU ARE AS IMPORTANT AS OTHERS
    • There's other people who could use their help before me - YOU NEED IT. NO ONE IS MORE OR LESS WORTHY THAN ANOTHER PERSON.

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Michelle I'm 34 from Derby. I have been yoyo dieting for about the last 10 years with no success. Lose a bit, gain a lot more... you know the drill. I was always slim and active until my mid twenties but I met a boy and got happy and the rest is history. I now have no self confidence so much so that I have called into work sick so many times that I was let go. I need to get myself where I want to be. Not only for my own sanity, but for my family. Anyway that's enough of the sob story. I'm looking to meet people on here who I can share my journey with. Celebrate with, moan to etc. so if you are looking for a diet/fitness buddy please feel free to msg me. good luck with your own individual journeys

This sounds very familiar! I agree that you should maybe try counselling BUT I don't go to mine so I understand why it's hard...talking to strangers about feelings etc...it seems very alien. The positive thing here is that you are on here and taking steps in the right direction :) Since I have been on this journey (80 days! :) ) I am finding that I like myself much more. Not just the way I look but the way I feel inside too. I am down to one of meds per day instead of 2 which is just awesome! :# You are super important...you just need to realise that. Hopefully as you start to travel down this road you may just start to see what others do :) It's such a hard thing to do but I know it'll be worth it for all of us...we just need to see it through. A change from top to toe, inside and out...learn to love ourselves. I'm with you :)<3
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Agree with those saying to talk with someone, but good diet and regular exercise can be just as helpful, if not more! You are important enough! Take the time to take care of you!
  • misshellybell
    Options
    Thanks all! I appreciate your comments. I really wasn't looking for sympathy votes just explaining where I'm at that was all, but I really appreciate the responses xx