17 pounds down #InSearchofThe6pack

Options
Hello everyone✌ my name is Richard and I'm on here to lose some damn fat! Lol I didn't even know this community forums section existed, so this is pretty cool! I have been on a vegan diet since the beginning of July(I'm a meat lover) and have been going to the gym about 4-6 times a week. My goal is to lose 35 pounds and so far I am about 17 down! So almost halfway there

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss... 17lbs in 4-5 weeks seems a little excessive for someone with only 35lbs to lose though! Losing quick is not always the best way to go as you may find you'll lose a lot of muscle in the process. You may also be restricting your intake too much and not giving your body the nutrition it requires to function properly.

Also... Why go vegan if you love meat? This isn't supposed to be punishment... You can still eat meat and lose fat!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options

Also... Why go vegan if you love meat? This isn't supposed to be punishment... You can still eat meat and lose fat!

I thought the same.
    However, I'll occasionally switch up my diet just to experiment. I'm a carb lover and did Carb Cycling with a friend just to see the results (my job is too active to go low carb and I experienced 'keto flu' and had to quit after 2 weeks).
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

I thought the same.
    However, I'll occasionally switch up my diet just to experiment. I'm a carb lover and did Carb Cycling with a friend just to see the results (my job is too active to go low carb and I experienced 'keto flu' and had to quit after 2 weeks).

im a vegetarian since birth. this keto diet with less than 10% carbs just seems impossible for me to do. noone in my lineage would have had this diet in the past 1000yrs, so im just not genetically cut out for it. 45/30/25 carb/fat/protein works well for me.
  • RichFdzz
    RichFdzz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss... 17lbs in 4-5 weeks seems a little excessive for someone with only 35lbs to lose though! Losing quick is not always the best way to go as you may find you'll lose a lot of muscle in the process. You may also be restricting your intake too much and not giving your body the nutrition it requires to function properly.

Yeah I've heard that losing weight too fast can result in muscle loss, I just feel like when I get to them gym I don't want to cheat myself so i give it 110% every single time. I was a boxer for about 8 years and I would go through these crazy weight cuts so I can make weight, I guess I am just used to it, im still learning day by day. As far as what to put in my body so I appreciate your insight! I will try to work on dropping weight slowly rather than quickly.

As far as me going vegan, Its more for my heart health. There have been studies that have found cancer directly linked to eating red meat and dairy(along with high blood pressure and potential heart failure) I don't want to be THAT vegan but its just a choice I made and I'm loving it so far