I cannot stay full!!

Options
emilyyoung4506721
emilyyoung4506721 Posts: 12 Member
Ive been struggling with this for a while im 5 4 an 112 pounds an im a female. Im constantly starving the longest i feel like i can go without a meal is 2 hours i eat small meals but there high in protein with a healthy amount of fat an carbs but i cannot stay full i work out once a day but nothing extreme i eat like a horse an all i do is continue to lose weight! Please help any suggestions

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Do you accurately log what you do eat? It's highly likely you're not eating as much as you think. I'm guessing you are trying to maintain or gain weight - have you put your stats in to MFP to get a calorie goal for what you're trying to achieve?

• hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. You don't want to lose weight, yet you're hungry all the time. Eat more even if it means exceeding MFP's calories. You may need to experiment to find the correct maintenance goal for yourself.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Eat twice as much for a week and see if that improves things. Add a glass of full fat milk. Add butter or olive oil to your chosen carb.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight and don't want to then eat or drink more calories. Track what you are consuming.
    If you only eat small amounts then consume more calorie dense foods/drinks.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    Drink whole milk with your meals.
  • michellekriegel
    michellekriegel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you stressed? ThAt can make a difference.
  • ashlava71
    ashlava71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water?
  • emilyyoung4506721
    Options
    ashlava71 wrote: »
    Are you drinking plenty of water?

Yes I am and it doesn't help I drink between 5-6 16 oz bottles of water a day
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are not supposed to feel full all the time, you're supposed to eat enough to stay healthy and happy. This means for most people to eat until they are satisfied, then not feel anything in particular for a while, and then get hungry again when it's time for another meal.

You are at a low weight for your height. The lower the weight, the less food you need to maintain it. Maybe the weight you are now, is too low for you. To stop losing weight, you have to eat more than you are doing now.

You are definitely not eating like a horse. If we on the forum can't set your mind at ease, please seek professional help - get an appointment with your primary health provider and tell him/her how you feel about food, eating and your body. He/she will take the necessary steps to help you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ive been struggling with this for a while im 5 4 an 112 pounds an im a female. Im constantly starving the longest i feel like i can go without a meal is 2 hours i eat small meals but there high in protein with a healthy amount of fat an carbs but i cannot stay full i work out once a day but nothing extreme i eat like a horse an all i do is continue to lose weight! Please help any suggestions

eat more... simple.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,016 Member
    Options
    See a doc and have some lab work done to rule out a physical problem. "Eating like a horse" and continuing to lose weight isn't normal.
  • candjmunoz
    candjmunoz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been morbidly obese for over half my life. For the longest time I wouldn't tell anyone that even though I overate I was still hungry. It wasn't logical to me that I was chronically hungry and 100+ pounds overweight. About 7 years ago I went on a diet with a super high vegetable content. It was unsustainable for my lifestyle, but it taught me that being hungry was a very real thing. I ate about 600 calories a day on that diet (quite by accident ... I would never have gone that low on purpose), but for the first time in my life I wasn't hungry. How could this be possible? How could I eat less calories and still be completely satisfied for the first time in my life? I believe it was because most of my nutritional needs were met. Obviously not all of them. I was sorely lacking protein and calories to begin with, but I was getting a huge amount of vegetables. Never in my life had I even come close to eating that many vegetables in a day.

That's where I would start. Increase your vegetable content by a lot. If you are still losing weight right now, then I agree that you are not eating enough, but starting with vegetables will add calories slowly and help you find a good balance while providing nutrients your body probably craves.
  • oliviasalour1
    oliviasalour1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I'm exactly the same!!! My friend works at Supedrug and she always brings me the lighterlife fast shakes, they're super filling. She can't bring them to you haha but they are on offer at Superdrug at the moment x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I'm exactly the same!!! My friend works at Supedrug and she always brings me the lighterlife fast shakes, they're super filling. She can't bring them to you haha but they are on offer at Superdrug at the moment x

a glass of full fat milk and a banana would have the same effect but with better macros!
  • aeg426
    aeg426 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer bigger meals with lots of vegetables. Look up volumetrics recipes. You are already at a very low weight for your height. The lower you go, the harder it is to cut calories.
  • emilyyoung4506721
    Options
    candjmunoz wrote: »
    I have been morbidly obese for over half my life. For the longest time I wouldn't tell anyone that even though I overate I was still hungry. It wasn't logical to me that I was chronically hungry and 100+ pounds overweight. About 7 years ago I went on a diet with a super high vegetable content. It was unsustainable for my lifestyle, but it taught me that being hungry was a very real thing. I ate about 600 calories a day on that diet (quite by accident ... I would never have gone that low on purpose), but for the first time in my life I wasn't hungry. How could this be possible? How could I eat less calories and still be completely satisfied for the first time in my life? I believe it was because most of my nutritional needs were met. Obviously not all of them. I was sorely lacking protein and calories to begin with, but I was getting a huge amount of vegetables. Never in my life had I even come close to eating that many vegetables in a day.

That's where I would start. Increase your vegetable content by a lot. If you are still losing weight right now, then I agree that you are not eating enough, but starting with vegetables will add calories slowly and help you find a good balance while providing nutrients your body probably craves.
    Im a vegaterian vegatbles an fruits make about 75 percent of My diet the rest is fruits grains an healthy fats
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you eating?
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Im a vegaterian vegatbles an fruits make about 75 percent of My diet the rest is fruits grains an healthy fats

If you are a vegetarian it could be that you aren't meeting nutritional needs. Especially for proteins and fats.
    Start incorporating lentils, quinoa, peanut butter, and chick peas. They are all good sources of protein. Nuts are good too for healthy fats.
    Get a food scale so you KNOW you're reaching your calorie goals and don't be afraid to go over it.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Are you weighing what you eat?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight and how many calories are you eating each day?