Starting over

Options
So I had originally lost 30 pounds on weight watchers but over the course of this last year and staring a new medication I gained it all back. I'm trying FP to see if I can get it off and was wondering how others have been successful. It says in order to loss 1-2 pounds I should be eating 1350-1590 calories seems like a lot. Is it really possible to lose weight eating almost 1600 calories?

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight eating more calories than that. You can adjust the calorie limits and see how you get on.
  • crskoglund
    crskoglund Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't say with certainty without knowing your height/current weight, but at a glance that number seems perfectly reasonable. The wildcard might be your medication, the effects of which MFP has no way of taking into account. That being said, I'd say stick with the recommendations for a couple weeks (a month, preferably), and if you're not seeing results, scale back the calories a little more.
  • grimtimmer
    grimtimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you here! Answering you query: all depends on your current weight. But, at any rate, let's meet our goals together!
  • mikeandterispray
    mikeandterispray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have been successful with weight watchers. Need to get back in track after blood pressure mess and extra 15 ponds. Booh!!! Let's do this!
  • PeteG7606
    PeteG7606 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day. I just started tracking on this site, but on a normal weekday, i take on 2700 calories. My Saturday intake is anywhere between 3500-4500, depends on my workout. Diet AND EXERCISE is the key. You have to create a healthy calorie deficit.