Team 21 Gimme the Skinny!

Options
GimmeSkinnyLogo.jpg

Girls Check in with your stats & i'll update the list!

(I forgot to put closed group and don't know how to fix that, but this is a closed group, sorry!)

~Tracy

Replies

• ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    hey you put 218.7 and its actually 217.8 :)
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Starting Weight: 191.5
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    Can't wait for the challenge to start!:wink:
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! REALLY looking forward to this month! :-D
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well hi everybody! My name is Karin and I am from central Florida. I am 40 something (who can remember anymore?) :bigsmile: and a mom to 4, ages 24, 21 (serving in the USMC), 14, and the princess is 8. I am an accountant for a small action sports marketing company. The office gets lonely at times. I stay busy as a Brownie leader and a PTO volunteer at my daughters school.

I have lost 33lbs but it has been a snails pace getting there. :grumble: I figure as long as I keep going down and getting healthier, then I am doing the right thing. I would like to lose another 35lbs. That is probably a little above my weight chart but I have been there before and looked darn good (I can say that now but not so much at the time).

I walk or slow jog 4 mornings a week. Planet Fitness is opening by me in late August and I am thinking of joining. I have had gym memberships before and would go for a few months and then burn out when I was not seeing the results I wanted. As I said though, I am learning that this a a slllloooowwww process for me now.

Nice to 'meet' all of you and looking forward to a great challenge! Please feel free to keep me motivated! :drinker:

Oh yeah, my starting weight is 196.4 this morning. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: and since I weigh on Friday's, I guess that is what I have to go with instead of the 195.0 I was last Friday. But, {sigh} I ate out last night and I am hoping it is just water. This up and down thing is the story of my life. :sad: :sad:
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

So i'm finishing the list (and correcting sorry ilovecreg!) Once I have everone's stats, I'll update the sheet.

Just looking for first name and current weight right now.

Every Friday i'll need you guys to post what your loss was that week.

There will be challenges for us along the way too!!! Gary said he'll email more details later!!!

I'm Tracy, a 32 yr old mom of 2, living in Mass. I need to carve the last 8 years off my body!!! I can't wait to get to know everyone, get the weight off, and WIN THIS CHALLENGE!!!
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    I'm Krystal. I'm 17 shh lol. I'm from Birdsboro, PA (about an hour from Philly) I lost about 27 pounds so far and looking to lose around 100 more. I love to dance! I have exercise induced asthma :( so its hard for me to exercise for a long amount of time. I just started college for medical assisting. I'm thinking about going back to school in a couple years after I graduate for a neonatal nurse practioner. Have any questions just message me :) I love making friends
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    Hi Girls!

So i'm finishing the list (and correcting sorry ilovecreg!) Once I have everone's stats, I'll update the sheet.

it's okay :)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Jessica. I'm 20 years old, and currently studying Biology, I'm pre-med.

Starting weight 191.5
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm Kim, 29 years old, from Atlanta, GA. I'm an executive assistant and I've spent way too much time at the office and in the car sitting on my bum and adding padding to the seats! I started MFP when my fiance proposed back in May and I realized I don't want to be in a size 16 wedding dress -- I WILL be in a size 6 (or less)!!!!! I love to horseback ride (hunt/jump) but have never had the confidence to compete in a show. My fiance has been teaching me to play tennis with him and I'm hoping to get better. I've lost 21 lbs so far, am just really getting started with 30DS and hope to be able to join my fiance and play doubles tennis with him by next year and MAYBE compete in my first horse show around that time, too!

Starting weight: 184.8
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm Kellie... I'm 34, I live in Indiana, and I'm a technical writer (i.e. sedentary job!). My husband and I don't have any kids yet, but I'm VERY tired of having more fat on me than someone who's had 5 kids! I decided to join MFP last week when my piano teacher told me that she had just joined and loved it, and I've been following it ever since. My husband loves me as I am, but he wants me to be healthy, so we are both trying to be more active and eat the right kinds of foods. Portion control is my watchword on this challenge, because that is by far the hardest thing for me. Yes, I'm that person who could even overeat on vegetables. :(
    I know it might sound weird, but the thing I'm most looking forward to about losing weight is being able to run long distances... like a half marathon or something. My husband has run three marathons and I feel like a loser because it hurts my knees to run more than a few hundred yards right now, and that just annoys me. Nobody should be too fat to run, for crying out loud! Anyway... thanks for all the friend invites. Nice to meet you all. :)
  • amberluvsjohn
    Options
    Hey, i'm Amber and my starting weight is 143lbs. Lost 4 lbs so far doing MFP for the last two weeks!!!:smile:
    9428242.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    I made a signature banner (all the cool kids seem to have them!!!!) ... feel free to use it :)
  • ChristB
    ChristB Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Gimme the Skinny!

My name is Christin and I am 28yrs old. I live in South Shore area of Mass. A stressful bump in the road of life knocked me clear off the road of fitness. I miss working out and playing sports but finding time has been hard. No time to work out and emotional eating fueled by the guilt of gaining weight and not working out continues to add on the pounds, stress and anxiety. I am hoping to get back on track for real this time, making me a priority. I have great support from my family and my boyfriend. My dog, Milo, keeps me company on many walks. I am really looking forward to this competion and hope that the team spirit will be just what my spirit has needed to take off. :)

Let's go get'em team!!

Christin

"We may not be able to control the wind, but we can adjust our sails"
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Hey Team,

I'm Kris, from North Carolina. I am a 40yrs, wife and mother of 1 girl (15yr.). I am a recovering yo-yo'r.
    Current weight is 134. I am doing well now...I just need to stick to it!
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello Team.....I am Kim and I am from Kansas City, Missouri. I work for the government full time(been there 20 yrs) and then part time at Kohl's(been there 1 yr) to pay for my son's college education. I am 44 yrs old, have 1 son (18) and a step-son (22). Actually, the step-son isn't really official until we finally have the ceremony. LOL We have been dating for 10 years and he proposed to me 2 years ago on Aug 1st. We will be getting married with-in 45 days if all goes as plannedl. Can't say the exact date yet cuz we haven't decided for sure. Most of the weight that I have lost was lost before I joined MFP. I joined to try to get me moving in the right direction again. I haven't moved far but I can say I haven't gained. lol I am hoping this challege will be just what I need to start on the downward slide again.

Challenge starting weight 230.....at the dr office today.

Kim
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    here is the code for the sig...

lol well I can't do it right to show the code without the picture showing.

the http: for the image is

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/kiltbunny/gimmeskinny-1.jpg
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ***********************************THE RULES********************************************

Now, to start I need everyone's weight prior to Monday Aug 1st.

1. The weights will be tallied and given to Gary every Sunday night. (I know I personally do not want Sunday as my weigh-in day, so I will be using my friday weight every week. Just make sure you stay consistant.)
    We get points for each pound lost to add to our team score.

2. Every Sunday night, he will email us weekly challenge goals for that week. We get points for those too.

3. We get bonus points for other goals too.

************************************************************************************************************************************

NOW....FOR THE CHALLENGE!! Fresh from Gary...

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • diamondgirl1995
    Options
    Hi TEAM!!!! I'm really excited about the challenge! I'm 37years old and am married with 4 children ages 16, 14, 13 and 11. I'm waaaay past ready to let go if the extra!!!!
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    My real name is Monita and my starting weight is 174:-)