80 lbs down, in two hundred land and a new car

Options
naprestsleep
naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
My girlfriend challenged me on New Years Eve to loose 50 lbs by Sept 1 and she would buy us a Dodge Challenger. So started my kick in the but to loose weight and I dug right in. By April I was at 50 lbs lost. We decided it was better for her to get a daily driver and I would get my own Challenger. Recently a color of the car was released that I had to have (called Green with Evny) so I bit the bullet and bought it last Friday. Best part of it was I hit 80lbs lost the same day, which also puts me in two hundred land (299), first time I can remember being there in over 10 years.

I am not stopping now I wanted to hit 100 lost by the original Sept 1 deadline but its looking more like I will hit it by the end of Sept, not bad. Overall my goal is to see one hundred land again.

Replies

• baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    congrats!! that is fantastic!! :D
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Congratulations!! A well deserved car!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's some GREAT motivation! I *love* the Challengers and want one myself so badly ... Congrats on both the weight loss and the car! :smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Congrats!
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    AMAZING....keep up the good work!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I lost 80lbs too... will your girl get me a car too?
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am not stopping now I wanted to hit 100 lost by the original Sept 1 deadline but its looking more like I will hit it by the end of Sept, not bad. Overall my goal is to see one hundred land again.

End of Sept. is still Sept..... As long as you still continue your weight loss, that all it matters especially when you have lots of peple motivating you and want you to succeed.
  • ShanaDarling
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing :) Great job!! ...and congrats lol
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Best part of it was I hit 80lbs lost the same day, which also puts me in two hundred land (299), first time I can remember being there in over 10 years.

Well, you should go ahead and drop another 100 pounds just so everybody will know you're serious. Fantastic job with the first 80..
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I am 'green with envy' of you right now.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    amazing..double lost by the same month at least..congrats..i am jealous, i want a new car as my reward:wink: well done:drinker:
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    great result both for you and the car ~!!! Keep up the great work !
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I lost 80lbs too... will your girl get me a car too?

haha, too funny!

Congrats on 80lbs, that's wonderful!!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    congrats on the awesome weight loss and what a great prize... you earned it!
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome to the Dodge Family! My hubby bought me a Dodge Charger R/T (Hemi) Fully loaded and I mean fully! I love it to death! Enjoy! and see ya on the road!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job! Keep up the great work!
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, call the car a reward or a mid life crisis but I figured I had earned it and the BANK figured I could afford it.
  • charitypebbles
    charitypebbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WTG thats awsome keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!