What is your highest steps per minute on the stair climber?

Options
That thing is a beast! Def a love hate relationship! But its so good at gettin the heart pumpin and sweat rollin!

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I can go faster but choose to climb the StairMaster at a moderate rate of 56 steps/min, which results in a calorie burn of about 120 cal in a 15 min session for me.

Use to climb in a single 30 min session but now do two 25 min sessions w/a 10-15 min break in-between in order to avoid burning myself out.
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Right now Im just starting off at 50 steps for 5 mins but ill do like 3-4 sets of 5 mins throughout my time at the gym
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    I climb real stairs, but I've never timed myself.
  • sgt1372
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Use to climb in a single 30 min session but now do two 25 min sessions w/a 10-15 min break in-between in order to avoid burning myself out.

Typo: My StairMaster sessions are only 15 mins long - - not 25.

Also the 56 steps is an average. Steps range bet 55-62 according to the machine. It's at Levels 6-7 on the machine I use. Start at 7 and then cut back.
  • sgt1372
    Options
    JnineGains wrote: »
    Right now Im just starting off at 50 steps for 5 mins but ill do like 3-4 sets of 5 mins throughout my time at the gym

Sounds like a routine better suited to HIIT. Have you ever tried that?
  • queerpenix
    queerpenix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The stair machine is intimidating to me!!
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    queerpenix wrote: »
    The stair machine is intimidating to me!!

It was to me too but I just hopped on it and pretended like i was a natural LOL When you hit quick start it goes slow and you have the option to up the speed if you want! But if you hop on hit manual mode and you can choose your steps per minute, I did 50 steps per minute for 5 minutes. Im pooped and sweating at 2:30 mins and breathing heavy at 3 and dying at 4 and trooping it out just to get to 5! Lol but it feels good to sweat and get the heart rate up in only 5 minutes! Try it out :) once you get use to It you'll be proud up high on that thing. Start slow try it for like 2 mins and see what you think! Let me know if you end up giving it a shot.