5lbs CAN make a difference!

Options
There's quite a lot of threads on here where people have achieve amazing transformations, lost a LOT of weight and are looking fantastic! Reading through them, many the transformations look really drastic and in some cases feature losses of over 100lbs. In comparison, I got thinking how so far I've only lost 5 lbs (although it shouldn't be a competition) and how when I look in the mirror, I don't really see change because I see myself everyday. So I took another progress shot and I think 5lbs HAS made a difference, even though it only feels like a very small amount (especially when you consider that our weights can naturally fluctuate half that amount in 1 day). So I guess this post is a little pick me up to say that even though changes feel small and like you're not getting anywhere, in the long run they do count and make a difference! Excuse the toilet but 114-109 lbs, 1.5 inches of my waist, 1 off my chest and sadly none off my hips (it WILL budge eventually!)

tttwigawfrtc.jpg

Replies

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. I've also lost about 7 lbs in the last few months. From 122 down to 115. It does make a difference to those of us that are already at "ideal" weight. I think that losing the inches means that our fat percentage has dropped a little bit, which will make us look more toned and leaner. Great job! What is your eating plan/excersise routine?
  • swimgal258
    swimgal258 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    That's fantastic. I've also lost about 7 lbs in the last few months. From 122 down to 115. It does make a difference to those of us that are already at "ideal" weight. I think that losing the inches means that our fat percentage has dropped a little bit, which will make us look more toned and leaner. Great job! What is your eating plan/excersise routine?

In terms of food I'm trying to stick to the 80:20 idea where I eat healthily 80% of the time (things like swapping spaggheti for courgette noodles or having frozen yoghurt instead of icecream) and letting myself eat the stuff I love in moderation the other 20%. The 'in moderation' bit is something I find difficult though, I always find I'm either full on or off- totally motivated or totally demotivated, so I struggle with consistency.

I'm aiming on three major meals a day that keep me from snacking a lot in between and I've cut down on the amount of tea I drink as I add sugar to it. I've also cut out alcohol and fruit juices entirely.

Breakfast can be something like porridge with a generous amount of frozen berries and honey, Lunch is along the lines of Cajun chicken breast with roasted peppers, courgettes, tomatoes and red onion with a side of cous cous and dinner something like lemon and herb Cod with baked sweet potato fries or wedges and vegetables. Snacks are usually fruit and cereal bars.

Exercise at the moment isn't a lot (I'm quite unfit and have an old knee injury that hasn't totally gone away but isn't painful yet) but I either run or use an elliptical trainer twice a week for 30 mins, do some at home interval training and pilates twice and a light weights circuit session once a week.

I'd like to lose a bit more body fat and tone up quite a bit more so I'm planning on gradually increasing the weights
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Five pounds DOES make a big difference when we are at/close to ideal weight. I'm 5'8, 140 (going for 135) - and just going from 145 to 140 was a big difference in my pant's size. I weight train so that plays a role as well. But anyway, You look FAB, like a Barbie Doll.. you actually lost in your thighs as well, right?? :-)
  • swimgal258
    swimgal258 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Great job!!! Five pounds DOES make a big difference when we are at/close to ideal weight. I'm 5'8, 140 (going for 135) - and just going from 145 to 140 was a big difference in my pant's size. I weight train so that plays a role as well. But anyway, You look FAB, like a Barbie Doll.. you actually lost in your thighs as well, right?? :-)

Thankyou! :) I DID lose weight in my thighs which amazed me, I'm putting it down to running as that's the only thing I've never really done before (I'm not a cardio girl...) but it seems to have helped! I don't know what they measured before so I don't know how much they've shrunk :/
  • ehild33
    ehild33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s 4 years later butttt Omg!! Your body is amazing. It’s Literally my goal😍 did you do any specific exercise or diet to achieve that waist or is it inherited?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    ehild33 wrote: »
    It’s 4 years later butttt Omg!! Your body is amazing. It’s Literally my goal😍 did you do any specific exercise or diet to achieve that waist or is it inherited?

You won't get an answer. She last logged in in 2017.
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    swimgal Where are you?! We need an update.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!