Got a few questions..

My New Year's resolutions were same as last year to lost 30-50 pounds, and last year i lost 30 pounds by cutting out junk/fast food & pop and walking 10,000 steps.
On December 30th, I pulled my meniscus and hamstring and put on bed rest and to elevate it for 2-3 weeks, due to fact that I tore my Meniscus back in 2011 with my ACL... so they gave me bed rest just in case only allowing me to get up 1-2 hours a day to be able walk around but no lifting..
My questions are:
1. What kind of exercises can i do while sitting down for instance while my leg is elevated that will help me burn some calories?
2. what kind of strengthening should i do after the bed rest to get my leg back to normal without physical therapy (insurance wont pay for it)?
3. What are some good foods that might help the healing process?

last time i tore my Meniscus and my ACL, i had surgery and physical therapy. I do know i cant eat lots of Greens with Vitamin K in them right now due to fact that back in 2011 i had a blood clot from previous doctors thinking my torn muscles were a sprain and they wrapped it, come find out they were wrong. so not sure about the hamstring part of my leg and exercises that will help after its healed due to fact that i really dont want to tear or pull anything else.

thanks. sorry long paragraphs..

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Sounds like you need to be properly assessed by a physiotherapist rather than getting advice on this forum. Take it steady- hope you make a quick recovery.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    1. What kind of exercises can i do while sitting down for instance while my leg is elevated that will help me burn some calories?

OHP, Bench Press, incline db bench, db seated military press, bent over db rows, curls, hammer curls, crunches, dips (bench dips), pretty much any upper body strength training - which does burn calories and keep you from growing stagnant.

2. what kind of strengthening should i do after the bed rest to get my leg back to normal without physical therapy (insurance wont pay for it)?

this is a doctor question

3. What are some good foods that might help the healing process?

this is a doctor or nutritionist question - sorry :-/
  • nancyk18
    nancyk18 Posts: 27 Member
    I hope it's ok to post this here and that somebody will answer.

How do I post a new folder in community? Thanks in advance.
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    I would say work on your upper body strength, for the rest that's down to physio's or doctors to aide you with, hope you make a speedy and quick recovery - take care :smile: