How many cup sizes did you lose?

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    edited August 2017
    When I lost 100 lbs on my last good run I went from a 44DD to a 36C, which actually isn't a huge difference in actual cup volume. Remember that cup size can be deceiving - much smaller band size/slightly smaller cup size can still be quite similar to the size worn when heavier. How much actual breast size is lost seems to be largely dependent on if you carry a lot of fat in your breasts. If your breasts are mostly mammary tissue they won't change as much. When I lost weight last time they looked a lot larger than they did at my start!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Used to be 36C, now 34B,(barely filling). Don't buy anything expensive. Since you are still losing, they will go down in size. Places like target has great affordable brands, and they are inexpensive.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    edited August 2017
    I started at a 38E and I'm now in a 32E/34DD at 77lbs down. I've had myself remeasured at a few intervals when the bra's became uncomfortable and just bought a couple, from the sales rack where possible, once I'm at my goal I will probably invest in a few more but it keeps changing so frequently it doesn't seem worth it at the moment.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    xNausicaa wrote: »
    Thank you guys so much for the responses. I've heard stories about women going from a DD till like a B so I was worried about how drastic I would be. I do understand it also does depend on your body shape. I am an hour glass my bust and my hips are relatively the same inches. Problem with my size is that I'm a DDD so it's kind of hard to find my size in a thrift store, but I'm still taking in all of your suggestions. So far I do think I'll go with sports bras. Bralettes are super cute, but my tatas need some kind of support lol

yeah i stuck to sports bras my entire loss lol. so comfy and really cute just a nice black one is still my go to some days even when dressing up lol
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    ashbabe25 wrote: »
    lucypstacy wrote: »
    I didn't lose any cups - I gained. I went down in band size but up in cup size. Even at my smallest, I was always busty though.

Okay, I thought that was just me that happened to. Glad I'm not a complete freak, lo.

There's nothing freakish about it. The cup size scales proportionately with the back size - so a 38D is actually a bigger cup than a 36D.

In other words, if you go down in back size, but your actual boobs stay the same, you will go up in cup size.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    edited August 2017
    I didn't lose any cups - I gained. I went down in band size but up in cup size. Even at my smallest, I was always busty though.

Okay, I thought that was just me that happened to. Glad I'm not a complete freak, lo.

There's nothing freakish about it. The cup size scales proportionately with the back size - so a 38D is actually a bigger cup than a 36D.

In other words, if you go down in back size, but your actual boobs stay the same, you will go up in cup size.

Happened to me as well 42c to 38d

And I doubt that reflects any extra boobage; in fact, your 38D is probably a smaller cup than the 42C was.

Honestly, bra fitting should be taught in schools.

OP, I would buy one or two now and wait to buy another later if you change size.

Make sure you buy it so that it fits on the furthest out hook, so you have room to adjust it as your back size shrinks (you should always do this anyway, as the back strap stretches - never buy a bra that fits on the middle hook, it's too big).

The cups may end up a little loose as you lose weight, or they may not. It's completely unpredictable. Definitely don't buy a small bra in anticipation, it's an expensive gamble that will most likely never fit.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    My mom has actually been commenting on my bras, 38 D, molded cup, when I do laundry, and how they don't look like they'd fit me anymore. Truth is, they didn't, and I told her if I had money I'd buy new ones. Since it's my birthday, she paid for two new ones and I'm a happy gal.

So anyway...

44 DD to 38 C. The last ones that drew scrutiny were 38 D.

Molded cups help them "look ok" for longer, even if I don't fill out the cup, while I wait for it to make sense to buy another size.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    I agree re moulded cups, they're much more forgiving, also more comfortable and people can't use you as a thermometer.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    I just had to get some new bras because mine were not fitting well at all. I'm just shy of being down 20lbs and have another 25 that I'd like to lose. I was a 34 GG and went to a 32 H. Could you hear my bank account crying?! I hear you on wearing a wonky size and having to buy new. It sucks! However, it feels great to be in proper fitting bras and I actually look smaller now because they're up where they belong, lol.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    However, it feels great to be in proper fitting bras and I actually look smaller now because they're up where they belong, lol.

Yup, I identify with that.

A proper fitting bra also saves the ligaments from stretching so they don't sag so much as you age, and can prevent various breast health problems. It's so important!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Buy 2 at a time. I went from a 42D to a 38C. It's annoying to buy so many bras in between if you're just going to keep out growing them XD
  • xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member
    Have you ever tried the underwire-free styles, like these: https://trueandco.com/bras/true-co/true-body-v-neck-bra/5607?utm_source=google-adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_ProductShopping&utm_term={keyword}&utm_content=80387&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1qurxcTB1QIVzo-zCh2aswSREAQYBCABEgKcafD_BwE. I turned my mom onto them and she's pretty busty too. They fit a lot like sports bras but without the extra compression. I've been using them for years and they aren't nearly as effected by weight changes as standard bras. Plus, they're insanely comfortable.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!
  • xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member

Happened to me as well 42c to 38d

And I doubt that reflects any extra boobage; in fact, your 38D is probably a smaller cup than the 42C was.

Honestly, bra fitting should be taught in schools.

OP, I would buy one or two now and wait to buy another later if you change size.

Make sure you buy it so that it fits on the furthest out hook, so you have room to adjust it as your back size shrinks (you should always do this anyway, as the back strap stretches - never buy a bra that fits on the middle hook, it's too big).

The cups may end up a little loose as you lose weight, or they may not. It's completely unpredictable. Definitely don't buy a small bra in anticipation, it's an expensive gamble that will most likely never fit.

This was a really great tip, thank you!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    One or two UK cups sizes at most (G -> FF -> F). Three band sizes for 70 lbs.

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    xNausicaa wrote: »
    Have you ever tried the underwire-free styles, like these: https://trueandco.com/bras/true-co/true-body-v-neck-bra/5607?utm_source=google-adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_ProductShopping&utm_term={keyword}&utm_content=80387&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1qurxcTB1QIVzo-zCh2aswSREAQYBCABEgKcafD_BwE. I turned my mom onto them and she's pretty busty too. They fit a lot like sports bras but without the extra compression. I've been using them for years and they aren't nearly as effected by weight changes as standard bras. Plus, they're insanely comfortable.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

You are welcome - I'm always surprised they're not more popular, although I have started seeing them in department stores the last couple of years. You can get much cheaper ones than the one I linked - I got three not long ago for maybe $20 on Amazon. They're not particularly sexy, but my husband has never complained. :)
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    I lost 136 lbs. My boobs evaporated. I was a 44C and now wear a 34B, but honestly the cups are mostly holding excess skin and there is still empty space. By measurement, my boobs are 1.5" bigger than my rib cage.

I went to Victoria's Secret because they measure you and then stand there and hand you bra after bra until you find the style that fits right. I ended up with a padded push-up just so I would have some bumpage to give me something of a figure. It was also the best one to contain the excess skin and look the most natural.
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Went from a 38D to a 32-34B. Good riddance. I wouldn't care if I lost every bit of boob I had if it meant not being obese.