Please help losing weight not inches!

Options
I have lost 17 lbs in a month however I haven't lost any inches. All my measurments are exactly the same. Because I am so overweight MFP set my calories at 1200 and lately I've been exercising at least 600 calories, but I don't eat them back. I'm worried 1. I may be dehydrated, 2. Losing muscle, or 3. Really messing up my metabolism.. Any advice would be appreciated. Btw I'm 5'3" currenly 213 from 230 with 49% body fat.

Replies

• JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    From my humble opinion.... keep it up... Are you drinking enough water? 2-3 liters a day?... balanced diet? I'm 5/3 too... I started at 225...ping me if you want support.
  • BeeLeanEatClean
    BeeLeanEatClean Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink alot, so much that it's impossible for me to keep track and log, lol.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Where are you measuring? If you're only taking a waist measurement, perhaps you're losing from legs or arms or backside first. The waist will catch up in time.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I started at the same weight and height (235 5 ft 3) as you and saw no difference until well over 50-60 pounds lost. Now im 105 down and tiny XD I put it down to comiing off my legs first i have badass lean barbie like legs now. stick to it when the differences show theyll come fast...I would suggest eating more though your undereating alot you wont like how yyou look when you get to the end if you starved all your muscle away

edit: im hardly one to be preaching about undereating i was on 1200 my entire loss and rarely ate back even half my exercise calories until i got thinner. That being said my appetite was not bad then, picked up as i got thin. Dont fight it if your body tells you it needs more
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed for you to eat back those exercise calories.
    You are at the lowest calories that MFP Will give. Not eating those calories back Will leave you open to not getting all the nutrients your body needs which will make you feel like crap.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey, my first 2 months I lost about 2st (14lbs) most of that was water weight, also I tend to but on between 1lb -5lb around T.O.M which is water weight and it does suck but can't be helped :) also 1200 with the exercise and not eating at least some back seems very low, it would make your Net 600.... your net needs to be minimum 1000 I reckon, other members may tell you to aim higher net calories wise.
    I wish you all the best :)

P.S
    I started at 308 lbs in January, currently 238 lbs, I'm 5"4 and my target is to be between 120lbs - 140lbs feel free to add me if you like.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs in a month however I haven't lost any inches. All my measurments are exactly the same. Because I am so overweight MFP set my calories at 1200 and lately I've been exercising at least 600 calories, but I don't eat them back. I'm worried 1. I may be dehydrated, 2. Losing muscle, or 3. Really messing up my metabolism.. Any advice would be appreciated. Btw I'm 5'3" currenly 213 from 230 with 49% body fat.

Why do you think there is a problem?
    1. Do you have symptoms of dehydration? Are you peeing? Is your urine very light in color or dark? If you are drinking a lot you probably are not dehydrated.
    2. If you want to minimize muscle loss I believe the recommendation is to not lose too fast, add some strength training and eat enough protein.
    3. If you are losing more than 2 lbs a week you probably want to slow down.
    Eat some of your exercise calories like you are supposed to... at least half of them. 1200 is already the bare minimum recommendation for proper nutrition and function. Going below could lead to problems as well as being hard to sustain long term.
    4. It can take awhile for measurements to change. I would just give it time.

• BeeLeanEatClean
    BeeLeanEatClean Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like I may not be eating enough. I feel great during the day but after I exercise I'm so pooped I don't even want to eat dinner. I'll eat more and see if that does the trick!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Take a pic of yourself daily. You'll see changes. Keep it up, takes time.
  • pattimoulton
    pattimoulton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i started at 225 and have a 1740 calorie goal and lost 5.6 pounds my first week. try upping what you are eating... def sounds like you are not eating enough