70 lbs down, 67 years old, weight lifter and gym rat! (Lots of pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    varia2u wrote: »
    Wow, fantastic!! Rock on! :smile:

Thank you!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow congrats you look amazing :smiley:
  • Fitness_with_John_
    Fitness_with_John_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Congratulations!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    @mustb60, thanks for the kind words and good luck to your mom. Just because we're old doesn't mean we have to give up! :)

Right now I'm doing a 4 day split, 2 upper body and 2 legs.

Day #1
    Bench press
    Lat pulldown
    Cable seated row
    Flys
    Incline Dumbbell bench press

Day#2
    Back squats
    Dead lifts
    Sumo squats
    Straight leg deads
    Leg press
    Calf raises

Day#3
    Bench press
    Dumbbell bicep curl
    Cable rope tricep extension
    Barbell upright row
    Dumbbell shoulder press

Day #4
    Back squats
    Dead lifts
    Straight leg dead lifts
    Leg extensions
    Leg curls
    Hip abductors/adductors

My trainer changes my workout every 4 to 6 weeks. I also do 2 hours of StairMaster a week and lots of core and hip/shoulder rehab as a warm-up. On active recovery days I walk my dog and swim.

Hope that helps!

Thank You! :smile:
  • luluinca
    Options
    wow congrats you look amazing :smiley:
    Inspiring! Congratulations!

Thank you both..........and I feel great!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    You look like you got into a time machine and came out younger! Congrats on your hard work and the awesome results!
  • luluinca
    Options
    You look like you got into a time machine and came out younger! Congrats on your hard work and the awesome results!

Thanks for the great compliment! :)
  • l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love your post! I'll be turning 58 in a couple of weeks and I have lost 85 lbs within the last couple of years. I want to lose about 30 more lbs to get to my goal. I also started going to the gym and like to work out on the weight machines however I have arthritis in my left hip that has been acting up. I'm going to an acupuncturist Friday and hope it helps with the pain. I love getting stronger and you are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for your post!
  • luluinca
    Options
    I absolutely love your post! I'll be turning 58 in a couple of weeks and I have lost 85 lbs within the last couple of years. I want to lose about 30 more lbs to get to my goal. I also started going to the gym and like to work out on the weight machines however I have arthritis in my left hip that has been acting up. I'm going to an acupuncturist Friday and hope it helps with the pain. I love getting stronger and you are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for your post!

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck with the arthritis....I know how that feels and it's no fun! And congrats on the weight loss.....that's a great success story right there!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to see another 60+yo woman having success lifting.

Great progress.

Cheers, h.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Ha, after reading a couple of your posts on a friend in common's wall, I see this thread on the MFP "recent posts" list and fall right onto you!

Impressive work and impressive results! Here's hoping to using your experience for motivation! :smiley:

Keep up the great work!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Wonderful to see another 60+yo woman having success lifting.

Great progress.

Cheers, h.

Thanks I've seen you in some other threads and thought we had that in common. Weight lifting is one of the best things I've ever done for myself and I bet you agree!
  • luluinca
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ha, after reading a couple of your posts on a friend in common's wall, I see this thread on the MFP "recent posts" list and fall right onto you!

Impressive work and impressive results! Here's hoping to using your experience for motivation! :smiley:

Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much. I enjoy reading your comments on our "friends in common" walls! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!