HELP!!! home made tummy tuck, inner thigh tightening

Options
:explode: is there anyone that can please give me the much needed advice to getting that FLab off the tummy for good. and the inner thigh, what a nightmare. looks like the camel made a home there l:laugh: l. i do my areobics and sit ups and sometimes wear a exercise belt. :sad: maybe i am just impatient but they need to go

Replies

• Natalievh
    Options
    :explode: is there anyone that can please give me the much needed advice to getting that FLab off the tummy for good. and the inner thigh, what a nightmare. looks like the camel made a home there l:laugh: l. i do my areobics and sit ups and sometimes wear a exercise belt. :sad: maybe i am just impatient but they need to go
  • nyja33
    nyja33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try the Bicycle exercise...

The Bicycle exercise is the best move to target the rectus abdominis (i.e., the 'six pack') and the obliques (the waist), according to a study done by the American Council on Exercise. To do this exercise correctly:

1. Lie face up on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head.
    2. Bring the knees in towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the ground without pulling on the neck.
    3. Straighten the left leg out while simultaneously turning the upper body to the right, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.
    4. Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee.
    5. Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 12-16 reps.

I will do these during the commercials of some of my favorite shows. Whooo!! It can really be a workout.
  • Natalievh
    Options
    thanks babe :happy:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I had to look twice at your post - I first read it as you wanted to do a hoem tummy tuck :blushing: :embarassed::sick:
    Then, I re-read, and realised i read it wrong :blushing: :laugh:

Nyja33 was right of course, the bike is a great tummy tightener :love:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about fat loss in those areas, or loose skin?

Although it doesn't really make a difference for either one, anyway, they both just take time.

If it's fat, there is no way to target specific areas for fat loss, the only way is to do cardio cardio and more cardio; and your body will eventually get around to burning the fat from those areas. Eat right and exercise, keep a caloric deficit, and you will loose the fat (this goes for anything you want to do anyway).

If it's loose skin, make sure you take plenty of vitamin B12 and drink your water every day, other then that, it takes time for skin to tighten up, usually between 1 to 2 years for most people. There's really no way (that I've ever heard of) to speed that up.

If your talking about straight muscle definition, well that's different, you can work on those areas to improve the muscle, there are lots of ways for that. Let us know which you are speaking of.
  • Natalievh
    Options
    :embarassed: yes the fat. i just have a huge lump of fat there instead of a sexy kissable belly. its hard to get rid of. i do the stretches and exercise bike thing for 30min each everyday and have cut out 90% fat from my eating. i eat smaller portions and snack on healthy things now, like rice cakes and fruit. i drink plenty of water. and the inner thigh :blushing: i have found very tricky to tighten up. i am doing the kicks from the tea-bo videos. feels like it's doing something yeah. like you said only time will tell.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: yes the fat. i just have a huge lump of fat there instead of a sexy kissable belly. its hard to get rid of. i do the stretches and exercise bike thing for 30min each everyday and have cut out 90% fat from my eating. i eat smaller portions and snack on healthy things now, like rice cakes and fruit. i drink plenty of water. and the inner thigh :blushing: i have found very tricky to tighten up. i am doing the kicks from the tea-bo videos. feels like it's doing something yeah. like you said only time will tell.

Contrary to some popular theories, the amount of fat you eat has very little to do with whether you gain fat. Its all about calories in vs calories out. In fact, a decent amount of unsaturated fats is vital to proper brain function and the absorption of several fat soluble vitamins! Don't cut the fat, just make sure your calories and overall nutrition is right. If you're really concerned about cutting something, it would most likely be making sure you get the most out of your meals. for instance, rice cakes are ok, but they offer very little nutritional value, a few complex carbs, and a small amount of fiber. Better would be to have steel oats, lots of fiber and protein, and 2 g of unsaturated fats to go along with a high dose of complex carbs to keep you full longer without upping your blood sugar. Granted they take longer to cook, but I'm sure many people on here can tell you how to pre-prepare them for easy use later (I don't, when I actually eat them, which is less then I probably should, I just cook em right there).

-hope this helps