New to MFP

Options
Hi all. The wife got me to join MFP and am going to give it a try. She says she loves it and that I would too. I am a 31 year old male and am hoping to start dropping some of my weight that has slowly crept up throughout the years. Any support groups that I can hook up with? I am looking forward to my new endeavor to be a healthier, more confident person.

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :smile: You'll find great support here.. Good luck
  • jessik980
    jessik980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi hubby...welcome to MFP!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
  • bogartsbabe
    Options
    Hey all! I am new to MFP... well, I've only been on here a couple of weeks. A couple of the ladies at work are also on with MFP as well. We were having a contest, which ended yesterday, to see who could lose the most weight by 7/28. 2 of the ladies in our office lost 7 lbs each, so they split the kitty. The way we were doing it is as follows:

If you gain weight from the previous weeks weigh-in: $2/pound gained
    If you are the same weight as the previous weeks weigh-in: $1 for no-change in weight
    If you lose weight from the previous weeks weigh-in: -0- That's the point of the challenge

By the time we were done there was $61 in the jar. I believe we did this for 6 weeks. Anyway, just thought I would throw that idea out there for anyone else who would be interested in a different type of challenge. Also, now that we are finished... a couple of us are still going to keep using MFP. I am doing this for me, so just because the challenge is over doesn't mean we have to stop now!! Good luck to everyone out there!! I hope you reach your desired weights and do it in a healthy manner!

9104381.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter