Replacement for Eggs for breakfast

Options
Mpelish
Mpelish Posts: 1 Member
I can not eat eggs either. They taste bad to me.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can flavor eggs so many ways I don't know that taste would be a big problem. What veggies, meat, seasoning do you like? Add that, for example taco meat and sauce on scrambled eggs or omelette. If you're not open to experimenting, eat anything but eggs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Anything you would have at any other meal...yesterday I had grilled chicken and a cold cucumber soup and some avocado...
  • kevintillack
    kevintillack Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you tried egg beaters.?
  • emilyyoung4506721
    emilyyoung4506721 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mpelish wrote: »
    I can not eat eggs either. They taste bad to me.

Avacado Toast is delcious.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think we get so stuck on what foods we traditionally eat at certain times of the day that we get stuck when we don't want eggs or some other run of the mill breakfast food. Most mornings I have a whole wheat low carb wrap, two tablespoons of garlic hummus, a quarter of an avocado, a generous handful of baby spinach, and one serving of Perdue short cuts (nuked). Some days I'll have half a cup of cottage cheese, a serving of Perdue short cuts chicken, six garlic Triscuits, and a quarter of an avocado. Any meal can be whatever you want it to be.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had half of a Subway sandwich, the day before that some leftover rice and beans, day before that a spinach/tomato/cheese salad. All for breakfast. Don't get hung up on "breakfast food" that you eat stuff you don't like, life is too short.
  • tnthutch
    tnthutch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can not eat eggs either. I agree ..eat whatever you want for breakfast. It doesn't have to be "breakfast food".. personally I think our breakfast foods are the most un- healthy foods we consume. My family and friends always give me a hard time...but eat what you like and what is nourishing.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Chicken and biscuits made with protein mix would fit any bill...
  • Fitness_with_John_
    Fitness_with_John_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I've never had this problem as I eat boiled eggs all the time (great source of protein). Try egg whites only, and if you don't like that try avacado toast as mentioned. Be aware though that too much avacado could be high in calories and very high in fat.
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Like today I sometimes like to do a veggie stir fry for breakfast and in separate pan in coconut oil I rough chop firm tofu with spatula till starts to brown then last couple minutes sprinkle coating of nutritional yeast which both yellows it and adds flavor. It's one of those things you're prob really gona take to or hate lol
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    There is no reason why to stick to traditional breakfast foods for breakfast. Today I had a can of tuna with mustard and pickle, and a hard boiled egg (okay for you - omit the egg) for breakfast. If you want garlic chicken for breakfast, have that. There's nothing wrong with having non-breakfasty foods for breakfast.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "breakfast food". Eat what you want. If you want a sandwich, go for it. steak? pie? soup? stew? salad? Have at it.
  • memmie21
    memmie21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to eggs and hate most "breakfast meats". I recently started eating a bunless cheeseburger for breakfast, and I love it. I also eat frozen blueberries in milk as if blueberries we're replacing cereal.