Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What do we really mean by "natty?"

Options
2»

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Natty = Drug Free or FORMER DRUG ENHANCER
    Fixed it for you.

This is what my understanding had been. "Natty" when tossed around by the Youtubers I follow generally refers to people who used to or are not presently taking PEDs. Like they may use PEDs during a bulk period and go "Natty" when they cut and lean down. I always associated it with people who use PEDs periodically.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Love that graphic!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Arimistane. Is that, by any chance, something that could be used to mask other PED usage? I know there are a few things - names are escaping me right now - that are on the list simply because they're masking agents.

Nah, it's supposed to act as an aromatase inhibitor, but all of the bloods have shown that it actually causes the inverse while somehow still managing to make your joints feel as dry as a popcorn fart. It basically appears to function as a diuretic, while having barely any effect on hormonal levels, and those that it does have are not favorable in any way.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    atjays wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Natty = Drug Free or FORMER DRUG ENHANCER
    Fixed it for you.

This is what my understanding had been. "Natty" when tossed around by the Youtubers I follow generally refers to people who used to or are not presently taking PEDs. Like they may use PEDs during a bulk period and go "Natty" when they cut and lean down. I always associated it with people who use PEDs periodically.

You mean the ones who prep for natural comps?
    ... Someone who uses periodically isn't natty.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Arimistane. Is that, by any chance, something that could be used to mask other PED usage? I know there are a few things - names are escaping me right now - that are on the list simply because they're masking agents.

Nah, it's supposed to act as an aromatase inhibitor, but all of the bloods have shown that it actually causes the inverse while somehow still managing to make your joints feel as dry as a popcorn fart. It basically appears to function as a diuretic, while having barely any effect on hormonal levels, and those that it does have are not favorable in any way.

Oh, OK. In that case it's possible that it's banned for its diuretic effects. Or, it's just a case of "maybe it does something bad - maybe it doesn't. We should ban it anyway."
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    jvaclyaatx1x.jpg

Couldn't resist.

This was my thought exactly. It's the only way I've ever heard the term "natty" used.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    PEDs do they include pre-workouts, testo-boosters and the other 100 performance enhancing "supplements" out there?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    PEDs do they include pre-workouts, testo-boosters and the other 100 performance enhancing "supplements" out there?

There are banned supplements that you can legally buy, yes.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options

There are banned supplements that you can legally buy, yes.

oh ok thanks :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought of Black Uhuru?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frl0ULSTSEk
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Oh, OK. In that case it's possible that it's banned for its diuretic effects. Or, it's just a case of "maybe it does something bad - maybe it doesn't. We should ban it anyway."

I'm fairly sure that it's the latter. It's one of those silly *kitten* things that got banned based off of "supposed effects". I'm honestly shocked that they haven't tried banning more of the stuff that's in pre-workouts, but I'm sure it's coming. DMAA got the hammer a couple of years ago.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Never even heard the term "natty" until I saw this thread.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

The major difference is that PEDs actually work - as opposed to 99.9% of the BS "supplements" on the market.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    OK another question: Are there any substances banned in the PED-allowed categories? Like these enhancements are permitted, but those are not?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    OK another question: Are there any substances banned in the PED-allowed categories? Like these enhancements are permitted, but those are not?

Muscle implants
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Have never heard that term before.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    jvaclyaatx1x.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Probably no specific definition. To me, no PEDs, no surgical augmentation.

First thing that popped into my head too!