Binged for 4 days straight! How much weight will I gain

Options
Calorie estimates
Thursday: 3000 cal
Friday: 3000 cal
Saturday: 2250
Sunday: 3000 cal

My maintenance is 1550-1600 calories

Before I binged, I weighed 112 pounds. How much true weight will I gain? And is it safe to do a 40 hour water fast just to cleanse my body after binging so much?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's silly and unhealthy to starve yourself to atone for binge days. Don't fool yourself, calling it a water fast doesn't make it anything different from a binge/restrict cycle.

If you're right about your maintenance (and that seems very low), you're 4,850 over maintenance, which would translate to roughly 1.5lbs.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You will know how much you gained in about a week after the water weight subsides.

I think the best way to avoid binges in the future is to avoid all extremes so I don't like the water fast idea. Rather I suggest you eat at the top of your maintenance range for the next week, and watch your salt intake.

Why not treat this as a reset, and after a week set up a 0.5 pound a week weight loss goal?
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ...If you're right about your maintenance (and that seems very low)...

I am 5'3" and about 113 pounds. My maintenance is 1400-1600 calories, even *with* exercise. When you are as small as we are, that is a NORMAL caloric intake, so no, it's perfectly reasonable for maintenance.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    my record is 10 pounds in four days.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    IMO - if you take the long view and just back on track and stay on track you should be fine.

There are 3500 calories in one pound.

What are your "normal calories"?

Do you know what your BMR is?

All of those numbers figure in how much excess calories that you ate.

• TenderBlender667
    TenderBlender667 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I decided to weigh myself a few minutes ago. Looks like I've gained 3 pounds. Is it safe to assume that 1.5 pounds of that is water weight?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    And is it safe to do a 40 hour water fast just to cleanse my body after binging so much?

Even if it were safe would it be sensible?
    You need to break the cycle of binge and restrict so start now and just move on without paying a penance.

The past is done but the future is yours.
  • last1youlove
    last1youlove Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's ok to be thick lol
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Probably next to nothing. Move on, you're fine.