Calorie cycling

Options
Just wonder if anyone has experimented with cycling. For instance, if your daily calorie target is 1400, do you:

Monday: 1300
Tuesday: 1400
Wed.: 1500
Thursday 1400
Friday: 1500
Saturday: 1300
Sunday: 1400

Some people say that kind of staggering it this way (not that rigidly, of course, but in general) helps out with metabolic efficiency. If you've done this, has it been helpful to you?

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I've read about calorie cycling (haven't intentionally tried it yet), but my understanding is that it works best with one or two spike days...so something like this...

M, T, R, F, SA -- 1,200 calories each day

W, SU -- 1,900 calories each day

OR

M, T, W, R, F, SA -- 1,300 calories each day

SU -- 2,000 calories
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    I've kind of experimented with it but not with a rigid schedule. I will eat at/below my goal for a few days so that I can splurg a little if I go out to eat on the weekend. It seems to be working ok for me, I am avg -2.2lb/week over the last 8 weeks.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stick to my net calories of 1200 5-6 days a week and then give myself an off day when I can go out to eat and splurge. Works for me. I tend to lose 1-3 pounds per week.
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I do a lot of cycling and find that two days a week I do a little more around 1400 and it seems to work avarage around 1-3 lbs per week
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Great calculator. After you enter all your info and hit "calculate" click on the 7 day zig zag link.

http://www.shapefit.com/calorie-intake-calculator.html
  • MMFP68
    MMFP68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments (I like the calculator!) Yes, I think maybe alternating is a good idea, since our bodies do get used to patterns so easily. Keep it interesting is a good bet.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump