Getting really annoyed with MFP calorie adjustments

Options
Is there any way to turn these calorie adjustments off? They have completely screwed up my tracking and over estimating my burn which equals over eating. I don't have my fitbit synced but I have mapmywalk and mapmyrun that I used which inputs activity automatically then gives me that stupid extra adjustment. I have disconnected those but it still won't remove the calorie adjustments. MFP was so much more accuratrle and better without this crap. Now i'm all over the place and have no idea how many calories I should be eating or not and proof is in the scale now.

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    You have a couple of options: Ignore them, manually delete them (or adjust the calories down to 1), or pay for premium and don't have them come over.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Here are a few options: you can either unlink those programs, you can go into those workouts (after they've pushed to MFP) and manually change the calorie burn to 1 calorie, or you can manually delete those workouts (after they've pushed to MFP).
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I unlinked the programs but it just increases the calorie adjustment and didn't delete them from my diary. It won't let me manually delete the automatic calorie adjustments
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I unlinked the programs but it just increases the calorie adjustment and didn't delete them from my diary. It won't let me manually delete the automatic calorie adjustments

You can't swipe left in the app and delete that way?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

You can't swipe left in the app and delete that way?

You should be able to. I just tried in mine, and it didn't have an issue.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I just ignore it and stick to my goal
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Did you unlink in both apps?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Turn off negative calorie adjustment in MFP
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You know that MFP calorie recommendations are based off eating back exercise calories right? (Assuming you aren't doing TDEE)
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ^^This
    MFP was so much more accuratrle and better without this crap.

You are actually using the tool improperly if you don't eat back exercise calories. If you are not losing, have you been weighing your food to ensure proper logging?

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Do you mean that unlinking didn't remove the calories from previous days? Because I don't think it will do that. Unlinking should mean that they don't show up in any future days.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to turn these calorie adjustments off? They have completely screwed up my tracking and over estimating my burn which equals over eating. I don't have my fitbit synced but I have mapmywalk and mapmyrun that I used which inputs activity automatically then gives me that stupid extra adjustment. I have disconnected those but it still won't remove the calorie adjustments. MFP was so much more accuratrle and better without this crap. Now i'm all over the place and have no idea how many calories I should be eating or not and proof is in the scale now.

Ya, I use MapMyHike, but don't have it synced to MFP because it gives so many calories - more than the MFP exercise database (which people consider inflated) and way more than my FitBit One.

There shouldn't be any calorie adjustments tomorrow and you can just delete today's or manually adjust them, yes?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I'm not blaming the app for 'eating more' but i'm blaming the adjustments for throwing the calculations off yes, which in turn confuses me and has lead me to eat more than I should have since I thought I had calories left to eat for the day. And yes, I am aware i'm supposed to eat exercise calories back so save the preaching and judging for another time please. I just don't eat made up calorie adjustments back because they are way over estimated. (I burned 425 from activity and it gave me another +1200 in adjustments. Thats not accurate.)

When I swipe left, nothing happens. Usually I can delete entries by holding down and it will as if I want to delete. It doesn't give me that option on the auto adjustments. I unlinked the apps today after it threw everything off.

Try on a PC?
  • batgirl_273
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ya, I use MapMyHike, but don't have it synced to MFP because it gives so many calories - more than the MFP exercise database (which people consider inflated) and way more than my FitBit One.

There shouldn't be any calorie adjustments tomorrow and you can just delete today's or manually adjust them, yes?

So you have the same problem with it. I unlinked it from all apps now but its not deleting todays auto adjustments and won't let me. Hopefully tomorrow is better. It gave me +1200 for burning 425 calories today using mapmyrun. Way over inflated.
  • batgirl_273
    Options
    ^^This
    MFP was so much more accuratrle and better without this crap.

You are actually using the tool improperly if you don't eat back exercise calories. If you are not losing, have you been weighing your food to ensure proper logging?

I was losing until a week ago when it started using all these auto adjusts. I have lost 50+ lbs using MFP so I think I know what i'm doing, I just want to know how to turn off the auto adjusts because they are NOT accurate.