Need help about macro stuff

Options
I'm about to wrap up the last amount of cals for today and see I need to eat 57g more carbs before I have hit my macros for today. For my fat intake I'm on 116g/117g. On protein I'm on 178g/176g.
My cals left for today is 106 but thought something must be wrong since 57g of carbs is at least the double amount of cals (calculated 220 cals). Can anyone tell me how I'm ever gonna be able to hit my macros properly without exceeding my cal limit? I've only used mfp for 3 days and pretty new to this iifym thing here. Am I doing something wrong here?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You are over-complicating this. The harder you make a new life-style, the more likely you are to quit.
    I do not watch macros. I simply make sure I get at least 60 grams protein/day. To lose weight, all you need to do is stay under your daily caloric goal! I'm high carb and losing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat something. If not, don't worry about it.

And yes, you might want to check your other entries as the macros are off somewhere.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and we can see what is wrong. Obviously you are using incorrect entries because if you have 106 cals left and its saying you have 57g carbs there is something wrong. Also who gave you 178g protein
    and 116g fat? This just seems excessive unless you are doing LCHF.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have an entry that has not enough calories for the macros listed (not uncommon)
  • frederikem94
    frederikem94 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That could be. Never thought of that. Thanks guys. The fat and prot macros are something my fitness pal gave me I'm at 3500 cals atm :). I'm looking for gaining weight so that could explain it. I'm 6,4ft (195 cm) 22 years old, weigh 91,5kg and active both fitness and job wise. By the Way 56g of carbs is the amount i have left for today. My daily macro intake is: 438 carbs, 117 fat and 175 protein :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    That could be. Never thought of that. Thanks guys. The fat and prot macros are something my fitness pal gave me I'm at 3500 cals atm :). I'm looking for gaining weight so that could explain it. I'm 6,4ft (195 cm) 22 years old, weigh 91,5kg and active both fitness and job wise.

Look at your weekly goal. If you're bulking you want to be hitting your goals to gain.
  • frederikem94
    frederikem94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I see weekly goal somewhere on the app?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Can I see weekly goal somewhere on the app?

Click on the nutrition tab and change it from daily to weekly
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You have trouble eating enough....I wish I had that issue ;p