Starting again

Options
A few years ago after my daughter was born I used mfp to lose 40lbs, I did not hit my goal weight but I was for the first time in 8 years below 200lbs. Then life happen, and I used life as an excuse to stop tracking my food. I gained 20 back within a the last two year, I'm glad I didn't gain it all back but it's still depressing to step on the scale. I'm just not sure how to get back motivated, especially when it comes to exercising. Any advice or tips that work for you would be helpful! Especially when it comes to exercising, I used to work out when my kids napped (I'm a stay at home mom) but now they are 3 and 5 and don't take naps.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Do the exercising you can. If you can't, you can't. But. You can cut calories and you know how to do that. Start logging what you eat, all of it. Then create a deficit. If you don't, you'll be back here in two years back to where you started, and that would really be a bummer, to have to lose 40, or more, pounds. It doesn't get easier to lose, as you get older. It gets harder. Might as well get it off now. Do it slowly, though, so you can get the feel for maintenance. Many of us fail maintenance because we're goal oriented, not lifestyle oriented. That's what I'm working on here, for the third time. You can do this, just start logging!
  • Emmey56
    Emmey56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • larncy
    larncy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Would love for u to add me as a friend... I can certainly relate to u and ur struggles!!
  • Emmey56
    Emmey56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    larncy wrote: »
    Would love for u to add me as a friend... I can certainly relate to u and ur struggles!!
    Definitely I just added you!