Metabolism slow

Options
Is it possible to mess up metabolism when you diet too long. ? I have retricted for a long time and body won't lose. ?

Replies

• Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok. I did recover
    From anorexia. 2 years ago so could be that body packed fat on after eating away my muscle.
  • derick337
    derick337 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I said to boost your metabolism!!! No worries just trying to help and salt makes you retain water weight.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    derick337 wrote: »
    I said to boost your metabolism!!! No worries just trying to help and salt makes you retain water weight.

But none of the things you said boost your metabolism
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Try eating foods that boosts the metabolism such as Greek yogurt,Broccoli,Garlic,Green tea,Oatmeal,Turkey,Asparagus,Avocado,Spinach,Salmon,Blueberries and almonds. Remember to drink8-10 cups of water a day. Try drinking two table spoons of apple cider vinegar one table spoon per 8oz of water before bed and in the morning this will keep your metabolism working overnight. You can also Reduce your sodium intake try seasoning your food with miss dash it has no salt.

I can't tell if this is serious or not..

Surely you jest @derick337 ?

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Research them @Christine_72

Sources please.

Watching Dr Oz and reading random articles is not research. I recommend you read actual scientific research @derick337. A place to start is Google scholar.
  • derick337
    derick337 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My wife is a dietitian just trying to help the foods I listed surly won't hurt
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    My wife is a dietitian just trying to help the foods I listed surly won't hurt

So she should have access to the journal articles that back up your claims that the random foods you recommended boost metabolism when consumed.

They might be great foods to eat, if you enjoy them, and if you eat them in quantities to fit your goals you will lose weight, but they aren't metabolism boosting as far as I'm aware.
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry I asked! Lol