Ladies! Show me you Strong Lifts results!

Options
13»

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    IMG_2017-07-08_22-01-02%201_zpswvnhyb0g.jpg

What lifting has done for me.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @lorrpb you keep getting better and better.
    Well and truely swept off my feet.

Cheers, h.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    What she said ^^

Looking great!

Re
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You ladies are amazing. Please keep posting ! It's so motivating. Bump!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Amazing, @lorrpb. Can you tell me what sort of modifications you used?
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Nov 2016-June 2017,after losing 150 lbs
    Weight 155 both pics, 5'7", 60 yo
    Modified SL 2x/wk

c6cy1bshsiee.jpg
    You look so great - really can tell a difference in the waist. Thanks for inspiring us all.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement! @GottaBurnEmAll I do SL at home. I use 5 ft barbell for deadlifts because I don't have room for full length & don't need that much weight. I can get all I need with this bar. DB or KB for squats because no squat rack. KB or DB for rows because i don't like barbell rows due to low back arthtitis. DB for CP and OHP because no rack for bench and so limited on OHP there's no point in doing BB. I do 2x week only but 4 exercises per day. I alternate CP and OHP. I do DL, squat, & row every day. This summer i've added some additional core work, just because I felt like it would benefit me. This is what works for my schedule, my space, and my body. I feel a bit "guilty" not folllowing the program as written since such a big deal is made about that. But you gotta do what works for you and @middlehaitch and others encourged me in this direction.

That sounds like it would be perfect for me, actually. It would suit my preferences and abilities. Thanks for sharing. I need to find a bar like you have. I already have adjustable dumbbells and I've ordered a thingy from Amazon that I can use to put the plates on to use as a kettlebell (good for goblet squats which I'd probably do).

Again, thank you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement! @GottaBurnEmAll I do SL at home. I use 5 ft barbell for deadlifts because I don't have room for full length & don't need that much weight. I can get all I need with this bar. DB or KB for squats because no squat rack. KB or DB for rows because i don't like barbell rows due to low back arthtitis. DB for CP and OHP because no rack for bench and so limited on OHP there's no point in doing BB. I do 2x week only but 4 exercises per day. I alternate CP and OHP. I do DL, squat, & row every day. This summer i've added some additional core work, just because I felt like it would benefit me. This is what works for my schedule, my space, and my body. I feel a bit "guilty" not folllowing the program as written since such a big deal is made about that. But you gotta do what works for you and @middlehaitch and others encourged me in this direction.

That sounds like it would be perfect for me, actually. It would suit my preferences and abilities. Thanks for sharing. I need to find a bar like you have. I already have adjustable dumbbells and I've ordered a thingy from Amazon that I can use to put the plates on to use as a kettlebell (good for goblet squats which I'd probably do).

Again, thank you!

@GottaBurnEmAll I ordered my bar online from CAP. I have adjustable and fixed DB.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

Again, thank you!

@GottaBurnEmAll I ordered my bar online from CAP. I have adjustable and fixed DB.

Thanks so much, I'll check them out!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go...but the pic on the left was taken on week 5 of Stronglifts (July 10th), and the pic on the right was taken on August 14th. I didn't start seeing physical changes until week 6 or so. I'm loving it so far!

ga2ydgcu5bzl.jpg

Great work!!
  • Doinitin2015
    Doinitin2015 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start this program!! Thanks for sharing! :smiley:
  • skinneeme007
    skinneeme007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the love! If you're thinking about doing this program - do it! I only wish I had started sooner! ❤️
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I’m starting this program Tuesday. I have lost 60 pounds since August but I have been rehabbing a knee so it has all been diet. I can’t wait to start now that my knee is doing better. Any other ladies currently doing this program?
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I started this program today and I loved it. I have lost 59 pounds in the last 4 months by diet alone. I was rehabbing a knee. Today I started strong lifts and the couch to 5k program for cardio. Using the free weights is definitely stepping outside my comfort zone but my awesome hubby went to the gym and coached me today. Anyone else out there doing StrongLifts?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!