HELP! So what are you doing to shed fat/lose fat?

Options
Hello all! I see several posts but not really coming across tips/advice regarding methods that TRULY work. Personally, Ive lost 15 lbs in 1.5 mts from cutting out carbs (except for green veggies & coffee creamer). I do IF & my calorie count is low (just honestly not hungry). I wld like to speed up the process (@ least a little). Yes. I know...it took time to gain the weight so it'll take time to lose. But I know someone has some type of great advice. PLEASE SHARE!

Replies

• eisterunicorn
    eisterunicorn Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi :) you literally will lose weight just eating at a calorie deficit.

Some tips:

Resistance training is helpful in maintaining as much muscle as you can while you lose fat, which lets you have a nice shape and helps your metabolism!

You don't need to cut out carbs! My mom does this a lot and IMO isn't a good permanent solution to losing fat. All you need is a calorie deficit. :) Having lots of protein is very helpful for satiety and maintaining muscles and automatically decreases the amount of carbs you eat so that's a win win. But it's nbd as long as you're in a deficit!

Weigh everything you eat. Seriously. Just please do it.

You're losing awesomely already so chill! :) Weighing often might not be for you if it causes you to stress about fluctuations and worry. It isn't always a linear loss.

Don't give up if you go overboard, and don't beat yourself up, we all do it. The change you see in the scale the next day is water weight, not fat.

If you are struggling with your calorie deficit, definitely exercise will help because you can eat the exercise calories back! BUT always pick a conservative calories burned amount because sometimes devices will overestimate what you burn! :open_mouth:

Drink a lot of water. :)

Don't put anything off limits. It's human nature to want what we can't have. In my experience it has only led to me craving and obsessing about whatever it is I can't have. Instead I just make my cupcakes fit on special days.

Uh oh I have to go, good luck!:)
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Being at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals is what matters for weight loss.
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in 1 month already and I'm also doing intermittent fasting. I'll tell you now ...most of the weight you lost is water weight it's impossible to lose 15 pounds of fat in a month and half. Every journey begins with losing water weight so it's normal once you have nomore water to lose your weight will slow down
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    High protien, caloric deficit, lift weights, 30 min cardio/day.

My results:
    IMG_2017-07-08_22-01-02%201_zpswvnhyb0g.jpg
  • coliry
    coliry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me(!) fasting is the easiest way.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It would all be a lot easier for you, I think, if you took a timeout to learn the difference between process and method, the universal and the individual, subjective and objective; that weight loss is a simple equation; and that weight loss will slow down (it's how it's supposed to be and there's nothing you can do about it); and that eating less isn't always easy; and cutting out everything you like is a really bad idea; and acknowledge that we are surrounded by a lot of bad science turned half-truth and myth; and find effective ways to consistently get in an appropriate amount of calories; and then practice patience and trust the process.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Speeding up the process is not good. Failing to fuel your body makes you risk losing hair,muscle,energy. Also it is harder to sustain.
    Relax 1 to 2 lbs a week is a great fast rate. Learn to eat in a sustainable way for the rest of your life.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The forum is full of advice that REALLY WORKS for fat loss.

Eat fewer calories than you burn.

Done.

The issue is that people seem to want a quick fix. There are no reliable, safe, quick fixes that are capable of being maintained in the long run. There is only the slow, steady climb. And that requires patience.
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you think that 15 pounds in 1.5 months is slow?