Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• jrotando
    jrotando Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am fairly new to this, but I know this program MUST produce even short term results. If you are using an accurate scale (weighs in grams, and converts to lbs/oz.) and continue to use it to record EVERYTHING you ingest ( e.g., two raw almonds should be added, as 10 constitute 69 cal, and the two popped into your mouth are 20% of that...add it to your snacks), you should be losing even a lb (average) in a week or so. If you are doing aerobics (great calorie burner, even a brisk walk for 30 min) then you may subtract this from your total calories "in". The net caloric intake is probably key, and if you keep this below the program suggested amount, by a simple energy balance you have to lose in short term (1 - 2 weeks should show a difference). I think the exercise is key to keeping your metabolism high.
  • jrotando
    jrotando Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just to add....even a "slice" or "piece" has a weight. Even a "teaspoon". I convert everything to weight for each thing I eat. This can be done so that you do not eat a 40 gram piece assuming it is just a piece...it could be an 80 gram piece!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have had similar struggles since my initial loss in 2012 (and having gained it back) thanks to health issues, life, etc but still counting calories and logging faithfully. I know several people who have been doing Plexus for a few years with remarkable results. I've been doing it for two months now and am down almost eleven pounds. I don't think Plexus is so much a fad but a lifestyle as it improves gut health. They have a fantastic probiotic and multivitamin. I've been having bloodwork done every other month this year and in the past two months, my numbers are improving. I did discuss with my doctor before starting it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    mindiv wrote: »
    I actually am. I've ranged from 1,400 calories per day for many weeks to 1800 per day for many weeks and different levels in between over the past 5 years. I don't know how I couldn't be in a deficit. Like there's no possible way. I measure and weigh.

as a previous poster noted - if you are not losing you are not in a deficit - it is as simple as that - you just need to find out where you are going wrong (hint - it is almost always logging/measurement issues)

But this is where it's frustrating...I can eat PERFECTLY. I can log and weigh every single thing I eat without fail for weeks. I can plan everything out perfectly and eat PERFECTLY on plan...and nothing. Nothing. So even logging and measuring completely accurately does nothing.

see my previous response - your logging is FAR from perfect or accurate.

And see my response about how I know it's been a train wreck. You're gonna have to take it from me...there have been times where it's been spot ON and there's been no change.

within a minute of looking I can see that most of your entries are in cups, pieces, slices and tablespoons - not weight measurements (and I did look back in April - but your current ones have the same problem). if you want to be accurate you need to weigh your food - not put "one slice/piece/cracker/cup" etc.

Full disclosure here, I read this and totally stomped off and had a little mini fit lol. "I know HOW to do this" I told myself..."I've done this before!" "These people don't KNOW ME!" Grrrrrr...

Then I started thinking about HOW I did this before...by weighing. Oops.

Sometimes it takes people calling you out to get you to stop being one of those people lying to themselves...

<3<3<3
    h