Lunch ideas besides sandwiches???

Options
2»

Replies

• smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I google around for meal prep recipes on Saturday and find that sounds good and try it for the week. I've done this for two weeks now with really good luck. I started really tracking and prepping my food last week and when we went to the diner on Sunday morning I realized the toast was the first bread I'd eaten all week!
  • Susho
    Susho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amy's Organics has great frozen meals. Good portion control. I add fresh fruit or sliced baby cucumber and radishes. Easy to grab and go in the mornings.
  • JacquelynSmith55
    JacquelynSmith55 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like to do mason jar salads because I don't like making lunches every day & this way I have a whole week prepared all at the same time! Also saves on produce being spoiled before I can use it! I try to make each one a little different. Some I make into veggies and dip. I use dressings to give some variety. I add a hard boiled egg to the top and keep it in the shell til I am going to eat it! I add things like chicken separately from left overs during the week. Just grab a jar in the morning and no prep! Stays fresh for the entire week!
  • cjrichley10
    cjrichley10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can make a ton of these egg cups on Sunday and take two along with fruit and yogurt for lunches. If the link doesn't work just google breakfast egg cups buzzfeed.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/joeyfiroben/these-egg-muffin-cups-are-the-easiest-make-ahead-breakfast?utm_term=.huDyLgavZ#.ue0v1QKag
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Salads, wraps (unless this is the same as a sandwich for you). A thermos of soup with some crackers or croutons and a side salad. And of course, leftovers.
  • duebedm
    duebedm Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I make a lean meat/healthy carb bowls on Sunday and bring with me. This week, ground turkey burrito bowls.
  • ccbarr
    ccbarr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For a change of pace I baked a potato almost done night before(while dinner cooked) ,opened it-added a bit of butter&pepper. Wrapped in foil.At work take foil off and nuke a minute or two. Also tuna salads on lettuce.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You could find any recipe you like and divide it up for portions each day during the week. That's what I do that way I don't ever get sick of the same thing every week. Lots of great recipes on Pinterest.

This is what I do - I usually have at least one main meal a week that happens to be lower calorie than my usual dinners, so the leftovers of that get portioned out into tupperware and put in the fridge for lunches for the next few days.
  • Nathancb1993
    Nathancb1993 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thai green curry today XD
  • fritch_gets_fit26
    fritch_gets_fit26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do a couple 1 pan bakes at the beginning of the week for me and my hubby's lunch:
    • Turkey Sausage, sweet potatoes, peppers, broccoli, and onions - cut into similar sizes and bake it on a cookie sheet
    • Chicken, zucchini, green beans, and cherry tomatoes - I usually ad a little pesto for flavor, so delicious!
    • Chicken, sweet potatoes, asparagus - I add zesty herb and garlic
    • Shrimp, peppers, onions - I sprinkle fajita seasoning on it - my hubby loves it

Honestly stuff like that is so easy for me to get ready on Sunday night and put into individual servings for us to just grab out of the fridge. I just make sure that it's mostly protein and fresh veggies and then most days I add a little bit of complex carbs.
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I made this last night for my meals this week :)
    I have tons of idea on my Instagram, if anyone is interested it's Emilyanne731. 59sg1yn503at.png
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    raypackers wrote: »
    @RavenLibra Do you have any salad ideas??

Google mason jar salads......tons of ideas.

I grill up a bunch of chicken breast and then parcel it out into zip-lock baggies and store in the freezer. That way I'm always ready for salad.

A couple of favorites -

Caesar - grilled chicken, romaine, parmesan or romano, and a few garlic croutons. Ken's Light Caesar.

Harvest - grilled chicken, romaine, gorgonzola or feta, craisins, pecans, and sliced green apple. Ken's Light Berry Vinaigrette

Asian - grilled chicken, romaine, snap peas, mandarin orange slices, almonds or a few chow mien noodles. Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing.

Cottage cheese - fruits - whole grain crackers - assorted raw veggies

Soup - I like to make a big batch in the crockpot. Pack up the leftovers. Skinny Taste white chicken chili or stuffed pepper soup are faves.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers or my wife and I typically grill up a bunch of chicken on Sunday to have for the week and then I just add veg and whatever else.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Baked potato topped with one of these combos:
    broccoli and cheese
    Diced jalapeño, bacon bits, cheese
    Salsa, green onions and sour cream
    These should all be around 300 calories if you take it easy on the cheese. Ultra thin cheddar cheese slices give good coverage for only 45 calories.

Soup is a great choice too, there are endless varieties you can make and freeze but my favorite is roasted root vegetables (carrots, parsnip, and onion work well together) pureed with chicken stock and seasoned anyway you like. Huge serving for about 300 calories.

My last suggestion would be raw veggies and dip, rolled ham or smoked turkey and pita chips or wheat crackers.
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hif2pld2utlj.jpg

I eat food for lunch.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What great suggestions! Thanks everyone!