One thing that boosts your loss

Options
Aside from counting calories, what's the one thing that you do that makes the scale move?
I've lost thirty five pounds so far. Feel free to add me as a friend. Luvluv1234

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Intense daily activity used to help for me. It improves my mood and keeps my mindset in the right place.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    working out at the gym
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Staying the course, day in and day out.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Food scale.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    lots of walking
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,071 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Thyroid meds - went from a plateau to dropping half a pound a day when I first went on them. My weight loss has leveled out to a more reasonable pace now, but getting my meds sorted definitely helped me.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Logging religiously. Walking, then learning to RUN!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My workouts. Not only do I burn more but it also motivates me to stay on track with my eating because I want to see the results for my hard work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Make the scale move? Wait, I guess. It's like weather. It'll change. If you're doing all the conventional Exercise, Eat Clean, Count Calories stuff and the scale still isn't moving for you, try something really radical like rest and sleep for a while.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    A food scale. Logging every bite I take. Walking the dogs every night. Squats, planks, and other bodyweight exercises. Dumbbells. Yoga.

But the one thing that makes all the above work? Determination.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Streaming TV shows and movies to my tablet while doing steady state cardio. Makes it much easier to stay on the machine for 15-30 minutes longer than planned in order to finish an episode or to add an extra 60 minute workout to my week because I want to watch the next episode of a series.

Seriously, these 'sneaky' and painless additions to my workout schedule have probably boosted my total exercise time by something like 35%.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Trusting the system! Knowing that my calories in are less than my calories out means I WILL lose weight! It won't happen in a hurry, but it'll happen. The more consistent I am with logging the more I'll lose. That motivates me